Isuzu SUV Forum banner

on and offroad rally

4K views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  chasespeed 
#1 ·
I dont know if any of you have heard about the pa on-offroad rally, this will be its second year, its a timed trial across the state of pa, both on and offroad which will take place in may. There are points awarded for harder obstacles in the offroad sections and for coming in under time, there are points removed for coming in under time on the road sections to prevent it from becoming a road race. It is a three day event with clues given after completing a task to find your destinations, it was on the outdoor channel last year. Well this year there is a suzu in the rally, look for my rodeo to be puttin the smack down on the jeeps and hummers in this years event, wish me luck and if there are any suzu related companys who would like to help out my efforts send me an email at hoffman955@hotmail.com I have sponsors for the event none however at this time are isuzu related here is a pic or 2 of the rodeo

See less See more
#2 ·
Damn, this is ultimate Kewlness.

Congratulations on the size of your 'nads for puttin' up 8)

I saw a website on this rally last year I think, but it was 'kinda' amateurish looking and I couldn't find any other info about it.

Please provide any linkies on this rally.

Crap, If it could be worked out, I'd help provide tool and chase vehicle support in my Troop :)

Need a co-driver / navigator?

The only company's that come to mind would be:

Independent4x
Darlington Offroad
and Shrockworks
Perhaps Sinkyfab over at the 'Wire

Anybody else?

You could send an obligatory not to ISUZU NA adivsing of your quest, but since they've dropped the AlCan sponsorship (I think), I doubt you'd get any support.

Cheers,

#3 ·
info at www.wastedtrails.com
dont know how well organized it is but a few people from my club are sponsors of he event, this one was invite only but there are 2 more scheduled, one in pa and one in NY, I think open to all but aint sure on it. There are no support vehicles for this event, they had them last year but if you cant pack it this year you aint bringing it, dont know if its good or bad yet but the suzu is pretty reliable. Got a dang good co pilot for the event, together I think we can get through any challenges this rally will present. Hopefully we dont end up walking home

#5 ·
yea if there's no problem with it I will have our run at it covered on my homepage and likely on my clubs page. I know they have a complete camera crew covering the event and someone has production rights to it so whatever I can do or get I will put a link up for it. I think the suzu will do alright, even though it has around 200,000 miles on a completely origional motor and tranny (clutch even), I'm only gonna give her a new timing belt, o2 sensor and oil change before the rally, that should say somthing for these buggers if it can complete it...it will complete it :D

#6 ·
well the isuzu put the hurtin on the rest of the competition, we crossed the finish in FIRST place like 5 hours ahead of the second place team. The rodeo took its damage, the trails were rough, either largs rocks or wide open baja type trails, at times we were hitting 60-70 mph on the baja type courses, jumping ditches, passing jeeps and hummers like they were standing still!. All in all it was fun, there were some problems along the way and some tempers came about because of them but untill next year, you guys got a 200,000 mile isuzu that whooped the snot out of the competition, with origional clutch, motor, tranny yet. That should say somthing for these lil machines, screw trail rated, how about race rated and approved!

#8 ·
PICS!
PICS!
PICS!
PICS!
PICS!
PICS!
PICS!
PICS!
PICS!
PICS!
PICS!
PICS!
PICS!
PICS!
PICS!
PICS!
PICS!
PICS!
PICS!
PICS!
PICS!
PICS!
PICS!
PICS!
PICS!
PICS!
PICS!
PICS!
PICS!
PICS!
PICS!
PICS!
PICS!
PICS!
PICS!
PICS!
PICS!
PICS!
PICS!
PICS!
PICS!
PICS!
PICS!
PICS!
PICS!
PICS!
PICS!
PICS!
PICS!
PICS!
PICS!
PICS!
PICS!
PICS!
PICS!
PICS!
PICS!
PICS!
PICS!
PICS!
PICS!
PICS!
PICS!
PICS!
PICS!
PICS!
PICS!
PICS!
PICS!
PICS!
PICS!
PICS!
PICS!
PICS!
PICS!

oh,
and,

8) CONGRATULATIONS FOR GOING FARTHER!!!!!!!!!!! 8)

and
did
I
mention

PICS! :lol:

Cheers,

#9 ·
I didnt take a single pic but I got a lot of video. We won 1,500 bux, an advance adapters 200 dolla cirtificate (which we gave to back to be drawn by the teams that didnt finish, thought they deserved somthing more for their efforts) and a set of maxis tires. not bad for a weekend of wheelin. The rally is really rough and the competition was there, we had a toyota nippin at our tails for awhile but the final baja section took its toll on the yota and he ended up with a DNF. This last section was FAST! I drove the rodeo hard and my co-pilot yelled out directions. there were quads there with event coordinators trying to keep up and they couldnt. It was planned to take 3+ hours to run the final trails but we did it in less than an hour. I have 2 shocks left an one good leaf spring now but man was that fun and you would never believe how well a solid axled rodeo will handle jumps and ruts at 60+mph. I will likely build the rodeo to run next years rally if I can get some help to put the thing back together (maybe even a new clutch by then) but I will put a a womans team in the thing and let them have a go at it. I'll get some pics and more rally info as I get it, maybe some video clips.

#10 ·
Dude, i love it, was the 4wd needed, or could I make a run at it with just a "set"... This si my type of orr-road event....

Great job...

Chase

#12 ·
Hey if i have time next year ill join you! It would be sweet to have an old 80s Isuzu P/U race along side your Rodeo :lol: 8)
That rocks that you won it, we need to teach the Heepers what Isuzu can do :twisted:

#13 ·
Well, the locker, that isnt an issue :twisted: , and the winch...not yet, but ny fall... Maybe I could get one of my otehr projects done, and take them..

We will see...

Chase

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.