Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
its time to start the suspension upgrade on my 2k Rodeo. can any of you Zoo nuts tell me the differance in load rate between the OME 919 and the 929 and the differance in dia of the 1566 torsion bar and stock bar, and the largest sway bar for the rear. I like the stinky fab 4 link but I think Ill stay with the polly ends cuz I dont want to deal with the knockin the gas tank problem with the RE joints. I have a few Ideas on beefin up the steering more on that after some tests (tie rod ends and the flex joint in the steering column look to be the weakist links) No lift at this point I want a stable platform first then we'll see. one end at a time soooo the rear is first. Just a quick note on you guys the info I have been gettin from you has been right on and has saved mass amounts of time and money getin it right the first time thanx in advance EZ

·
Registered
7,209 Posts
can any of you Zoo nuts tell me the differance in load rate between the OME 919 and the 929
912 is supposed to be a 1" lift stock rate

919 is supposed to be a 2" lift 220 pounds extra capacity

929 is supposed to be a 2" lift 440 pounds extra capacity

http://arb.com.au/Seattle/UVAG_PDF/isuzu_trooper.pdf

Just my opinion but the stinky links are way overpriced. I made my own and I'm very happy with it. He wanted 369 dollars just for the one that you really need (the one that runs over the corner of the gas tank)

The RE links are a waste of money. You can only flex as much as your shocks and driveshaft will let you. If you are adding larger tires you will need to install a set of bumpstop extensions anyway.

There's a guy over on the 4x4wire that spent all the money to get the great high dollar links and he's still limited to hitting his gas tank with the bent stinky link.

Anyway, my two cents.

Joe

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
the differance in dia of the 1566 torsion bar and stock bar
I'm not positive, but I beleive that these HD tosion bars for the 2nd gen Rodeo are not currently available. There was someone over on the 4x4wire trying to get enough intrest to have a production run of 10 sets made. I think he's about 6 orders short currently.

HIH,
Andre

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanx for the link was a good place to start.

I do fab most of my parts,but without takin the rodeo apart makin jigs can be tricky, and I was reading that the cross link needs to be a bit longer than stock and Im trying to do this vehicle differant than most of the others (in the shop on blocks for long time lol) so Im doing one end at a time and when all the parts are rounded up. pull it in and do some mikie magic and pull it out. Shoot this rodeo only has 48k Im just never happy with stock lol. EZ

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.