Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
I checked out your page, you've done a lot of nice work to it.

But I hate to say it, it's not JDM. I lived in Japan 4 years, some of your info doesn't match up right.

Mainly by saying the engine is a 4ZE1 (Japan Spec)... The engine pictured is not a J spec 4ZE1, they look/are the same as US spec 4ZE1s, plus none of the 4ZE1s were ever turbo'd. The engine pictured does look exactly like the Isuzu Impulse RS's 4ZC1 turbo, which is a good swap, but only a 2.0L.

The other thing is the "J-Spec interior pieces (except the LHD part)." Are you saying that this was an actual RHD and was converted?
Ah, nevermind, I read through the comments a saw what you were talking about, but I still don't understand, because there's nothing JDM about the interior. The big give away is the body colored paint under the door trim. No JDM Isuzus have exposed paint there, they all have full door trim panels.

I know this is going to seem like I'm slamming the ride, which I'm not, it is very nice. Just don't like the mis-leading "JDM" term.

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
Very Nice Pup 8)

..... what does JDM mean? I googled JDM Isuzu ..... results ..... nothing very helpful :?:

·
Registered
131 Posts
JDM is an acronym for "Japanese Domestic Market" which people refer to when talking about parts/vehicles made for use in the Japan Market.

Many people misunderstand/abuse this reference when they are trying to tune their ride for the import racing crowd. This is an example, even though the vehicle was made in Japan, it's not JDM because it was not made to be sold in Japan. The engine is not "Japan Spec"/JDM as claimed because I know from living in Japan that the 4ZE1's are no different between there and the US.

Again, I agree, it's a very nice ride!

·
Registered
5 Posts
AMU said:
I checked out your page, you've done a lot of nice work to it.

But I hate to say it, it's not JDM. I lived in Japan 4 years, some of your info doesn't match up right.

Mainly by saying the engine is a 4ZE1 (Japan Spec)... The engine pictured is not a J spec 4ZE1, they look/are the same as US spec 4ZE1s, plus none of the 4ZE1s were ever turbo'd. The engine pictured does look exactly like the Isuzu Impulse RS's 4ZC1 turbo, which is a good swap, but only a 2.0L.

The other thing is the "J-Spec interior pieces (except the LHD part)." Are you saying that this was an actual RHD and was converted?
Ah, nevermind, I read through the comments a saw what you were talking about, but I still don't understand, because there's nothing JDM about the interior. The big give away is the body colored paint under the door trim. No JDM Isuzus have exposed paint there, they all have full door trim panels.

I know this is going to seem like I'm slamming the ride, which I'm not, it is very nice. Just don't like the mis-leading "JDM" term.
NO, that is the 4ZE1 and I know they are the same, just put the upper intake and valve cover are from a 4ZC1. The interior is a very rare one..yes I know that the paint is exposed in the doors, but I have seen plenty of Isuzu's in Japan with that exposed. It's as JDM as things get here in the states, built in Japan, Japanese parts that I can only get in Japan(hence why it takes months for me to get stuff fomr the dealer). And it's not "JDM" it was an old fad I had with the JDM crap...I am just trying to built the most unqiue vehical for my own pleasre and to freak kids out.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.