Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
530 Posts
usually thats for the date of manufacture, which would be 10th month of 2000 but with the other info that on there idk if thats right lol

·
Premium Member
1994 isuzu mu 3.1 td
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
usually thats for the date of manufacture, which would be 10th month of 2000 but with the other info that on there idk if thats right lol
so true so true so question is which do i go by being that this is imported model

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Try to keep all your questions in the same thread with the rest of the info on your truck and it'll be easier to answer stuff like this.

Judging from the picture you posted in one of your other threads, definitely a 1994. Could 2000 be the date it was imported?

·
Premium Member
1994 isuzu mu 3.1 td
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Try to keep all your questions in the same thread with the rest of the info on your truck and it'll be easier to answer stuff like this.

Judging from the picture you posted in one of your other threads, definitely a 1994. Could 2000 be the date it was imported?
Thank you for that information will do in the future with my post as for import date no idea on that but thinking about it i would think that if you had to have an import date on it you would have to apply another info plate cause i wouldnt think in Australia it would be allowed to modify a compliance plate. I know when you get some mods done you have to get a compliance plate fitted with the new mod information on it so i would assume the same would be done if it was required in Australia.

·
Registered
530 Posts
This is what I got when I put it in the international VIN decoder. Whatever the hell that means. It's a Limo trike?

Attachments

·
Registered
200 Posts
Wow. What? Limo trike, this is bizarre.

·
Premium Member
1994 isuzu mu 3.1 td
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
This is what I got when I put it in the international VIN decoder. Whatever the hell that means. It's a Limo trike?
wow that must be the Australian government at its best lol. i starting to think that the more i learn about this car the less i want to know, but i thank you for that information im just going to install the new front and rear suspension that i have brought and then get rid of it and get the Australian model to much headache lol

·
Registered
4,492 Posts
That green tag I'm assuming was affixed by the importer. There should be a factory-applied tag on the firewall with all the build information. It's gonna be silk-screened/stamped.

And gotta say, we need some pics of the rig and the engine compartment!!

·
Premium Member
1994 isuzu mu 3.1 td
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
That green tag I'm assuming was affixed by the importer. There should be a factory-applied tag on the firewall with all the build information. It's gonna be silk-screened/stamped.

And gotta say, we need some pics of the rig and the engine compartment!!
Motor vehicle Car Hood Vehicle Automotive design

·
Registered
4,492 Posts
2.8 turbodiesel? Very cool! I saw more pics of your rig in your other posts. That silver tag on the firewall must be the original, is it in Japanese? Not much help there, if it is, unless you can snap a pic of it and find a translation app.

·
Premium Member
1994 isuzu mu 3.1 td
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

Attachments

·
Registered
4,492 Posts
Even better! I'd love to have a TD in my '90 but I don't drive it enough to even justify the cost. The swapped-in 3.4 GM V6 has been running pretty good for the last 20 years or so, I guess I'll keep it.

Looks like plenty of good OE info on the black label plate, I see option codes etc.

I bet it goes pretty good with that diesel, lots of torque.

·
Premium Member
1994 isuzu mu 3.1 td
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Even better! I'd love to have a TD in my '90 but I don't drive it enough to even justify the cost. The swapped-in 3.4 GM V6 has been running pretty good for the last 20 years or so, I guess I'll keep it.

Looks like plenty of good OE info on the black label plate, I see option codes etc.

I bet it goes pretty good with that diesel, lots of torque.
i had a 6 wheel 4x4 ute that i swapped for the mu which i am happy with as its only just over 200000kms and when i put my foot down going uphill say to overtake it just gets up and go and what really surprises me is no smoke out the rear. i have removed the rear seat and am building a cargo barrier so once i deck out the rear nothing can come through to the front when i am off road. i like the small size of it cause i can get in and out of places bigger 4x4 cant or find it hard but at the end of the day its just a car.

·
Registered
4,492 Posts
Yeah, just a car but sounds like a lot of fun to drive! I drove my Gen I Trooper yesterday and changed the oil to get ready for Winter. I don't drive it a lot anymore, but I still enjoy it. The 3.4 V6 has a lot of snap, even dragging around 3800 lbs. 31+ years old and still going strong!

·
Premium Member
1994 isuzu mu 3.1 td
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
it is good just to be able to just get out on the open road. I love the cold so envy that your having winter

·
Registered
4,492 Posts
You can have it! The days are getting shorter & shorter and colder, plus all the rain. Not many days when it's nice enough to work outside, yesterday wasn't too bad until the Sun went down. Today, not so much, icky drizzly rainy and lots of wind. But quite warm, it's over 51F as I write this.

I wouldn't, however, trade your Summers for anything, Too.Dang.Hot.!

·
Premium Member
1994 isuzu mu 3.1 td
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
You can have it! The days are getting shorter & shorter and colder, plus all the rain. Not many days when it's nice enough to work outside, yesterday wasn't too bad until the Sun went down. Today, not so much, icky drizzly rainy and lots of wind. But quite warm, it's over 51F as I write this.

I wouldn't, however, trade your Summers for anything, Too.Dang.Hot.!
i spent alot of my life out on the western end of the nullarbor and the heat out there is insane some days but saying that now im no longer out in that part of the world the temp in South Australia isnt too bad, but saying that i would never own a car that dont have a working air con in it. even if its winter my air con still gets used as i love the cold. if i was offered to live at the south pole i would be first on the plane to get there

1 - 19 of 19 Posts