Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
5,475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
was attacked thursday night while walking on the edge of town.

We were simply walking, my dog's on a 3' leash - I keep him on a short leash in town just so I have better control over him - and this pitbull mix comes flying out of the trees.

The 2 get nose to nose and everything's fine for a split second....then all he$$ breaks lose.

Don't know what injury's the other dog sustained, other then my foot in his ribcage; but my dog had to see the vet and now has a huge hole through his cheek.

Rivers is 60lbs and 27" tall, so he did pretty good considering the nature of a pitbull....but thank god the fight didn't last long and I was able to keep a hold of my dogs leash, cause it could've been much worse.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Don't hate pitbulls. Hate irresponsible owners who let them. Roam free.. and I was attacked by chows when I was really young. I hate them because of that. Haven't even seen one since then. They scare the crap outta me. I still have scars to prove it! But it wasn't there fault. And I shouldn't hate them. It was the owners fault.

·
Registered
4,646 Posts
I had one come after my boxer when she was a pup. I kicked it square in the jaw. She got bit but nothing too severe

I hope Rivers is ok. :D

·
Registered
7,284 Posts
Every chow I have ever known, reaches a certain age, and starts to get aggressive. Intent on becoming "alpha", over even the humans in the house.

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Ramblin Fever said:

We were simply walking, my dog's on a 3' leash - I keep him on a short leash in town just so I have better control over him - and this pitbull mix comes flying out of the trees.

The 2 get nose to nose and everything's fine for a split second....then all he$$ breaks lose.

Don't know what injury's the other dog sustained, other then my foot in his ribcage; but my dog had to see the vet and now has a huge hole through his cheek.

Rivers is 60lbs and 27" tall, so he did pretty good considering the nature of a pitbull....but thank god the fight didn't last long and I was able to keep a hold of my dogs leash, cause it could've been much worse.
Did you get the authorities involved over this seemingly aggressive stray canine? That dog would have a rough day with me if it didn't get shot in the face for attacking someone/something of mine unprovoked.

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
protetype said:
Ramblin Fever said:

Did you get the authorities involved over this seemingly aggressive stray canine? That dog would have a rough day with me if it didn't get shot in the face for attacking someone/something of mine unprovoked.
Get the authorities involved. Next time it may not be a dog it attacks, it could be a child. I hate pittbulls because it seems that they most often attract a certain white trash owner that has no clue how to take care of a dog.

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
Pitbulls and chows need to become extinct. Both are too stupid.

·
Registered
239 Posts
CatFuzz said:
Not stupid just bread for the wrong reason and shouldn't be kept as pets. They work well as gaurd dogs.

·
Registered
4,350 Posts
CatFuzz said:
Generalizations such as these just show how ignorant people can be.

·
Registered
6,859 Posts
Sorry you had a bad experience but how could you hate a face like this?

Or this?

Or this?

Bad thing about a pit is that they are extremely loyal regardless of the type of owner they have. The dog whisperer shows this all the time, it all comes down to staying the alpha.

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
imamonstertruck said:
CatFuzz said:
I've heard all the arguments. It has nothing to do with ignorance. I've never heard of other breeds of dogs suddenly snapping and eating a kids face off. "But he was the most lovey dovey dog ever" is what you hear right after they shred someone. Worthless animals.

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
I agree it's all owners. I have a buddy with an awesome Pit that is the most loveable dog. You can play rough with him, and he'd rather lick you to death than chew on you.

·
Registered
6,859 Posts
I love my worthless animal.

Looks like this the beginnings of a bitter argument, everybody has their own views. Parallel arguments about religion, race, political views, gay rights also exist. Ours bit the neighbor within months of being rescued and we took action and built a better fence as responsible owners. We've also spent a lot of time training her. Was it her fault as a pit mix or the neighbors fault for reaching over our fence?

http://forum.planetisuzoo.com/viewtopic ... ht=dog+bit

I'd still love my dog if she were A Gay black Jewish Tea Party Cocker Spaniel dating a Chiwawa :wink:

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Cronk said:
Was it her fault as a pit mix or the neighbors fault for reaching over our fence?
Neighbor was at fault for reaching on to your property!

Cronk said:
I'd still love my dog if she were A Gay black Jewish Tea Party Cocker Spaniel dating a Chiwawa :wink:
I think that's pushing it. Maybe if it weren't black. Otherwise... I have a hard time with this! :lol:

·
Registered
4,646 Posts
imamonstertruck said:
CatFuzz said:
I agree.

I have 3 Boxers and they are closely related to pits. Greatest Dogs in the world and I love them to death. My oldest looks like yours, Cronk.

I love my worthless animals as well.

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
I've never heard of a boxer going insane. Anyway, I have nothing more to say on the subject.

·
Registered
749 Posts
CatFuzz said:
I've never heard of other breeds of dogs suddenly snapping and eating a kids face off.
I knew a lady that lived on my street who had this black poodle. She would walk by my house every day at a certain time. One day she didn't and then she didn't for a few weeks afterwards. My mom bumped into her a few weeks later and asked what happened and she said that she was sitting on the rocking chair in the living room reading a book while her dog was laying in its bed like they did every afternoon. She said that the dog kept staring at her so she kinda talked to it I guess and asked, "Why are you looking at me like that?" The dog jumped up onto the rocking chair and attacked her. Bit her all over her face and arms and tore her up pretty bad to where she had to go to the hospital. They had to put the dog down.

Personally, I wasn't there, but I think I can reasonably say I don't think this was irresponsible of the owner. If you can disprove this thought, I'm all ears.

The people across the street from me have a pitbull and a boxer. I hate to say this but they are pretty trashy and very irresponsible people. They often leave their screen door open and their dogs run out into the street. They also run across and **** in our yard. But one time my dad took my sister's dachshund on a walk and the pitbull came running at him. The dachshund jumped into my dad's arms and my dad took off running back inside our house for protection.

Also, just yesterday my friend said he was out jogging in his neighborhood when a pitbull came running at him trying to attack him. He said he sprinted as fast as he could and had to jump a fence to escape it. I think the sheer number of these isolated incidents is enough to make a judgment that pitbulls are generally not a safe breed of talk to keep as pets.

·
Registered
7,284 Posts
CatFuzz said:
I've never heard of a boxer going insane.
You've never heard of Mike Tyson ?

Wait. You said going. Not being.

Never mind.

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
Selador AKA Tat said:
CatFuzz said:
I've never heard of a boxer going insane.
You've never heard of Mike Tyson ?

Wait. You said going. Not being.

Never mind.
Touche

·
Registered
11,467 Posts
protetype said:
I have a buddy with an awesome Pit that is the most loveable dog.
Choncho (however its spelled) is the only pit I'm not freaked out to be around. That dog is awesome. Though just the size of his head will scare the crap out of you.

Its not completely owners, dogs of any breed can snap or are just mean to begin with. With pits though its often owners though. Lots of douchebags get them to prove how badass they are :roll:

Poodles can be vicious little sh_ts. My grandmother had one that was mean as hell. The older one was very sweet though. Same owner, very different temperaments in the dogs. My ex-gfs poodle was really cool, the first poodle I actually wanted to own.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts