Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
According to the haynes manual, there is a 3-pin diagnostic terminal under the dash on the drivers side. Jump pins 1 and 3, and read the CEL codes. Example: 1 long flash, 2 short flashes equals code 12.

The O2 sensor is on the downpipe of the exhaust just before the catalytic converter. There should only be one for the 95 model. Kneel next to the drivers door and poke your head under the truck. You should be able to see it. Its the thing with the wires coming out of one end.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I looked all up under the dash and still don't see it (data link).I also have the Haynes manual but have had no luck.
I'll have to find the O2 sensor tomorrow, it's dark now.

I'm having a bad surge-hesitation when accelerating hard or climbing hills and black smoke out the tail pipe.CEL will come on sometimes and go right back out, I'm thinking a bad O2 sensor. I put new plugs in it and it ran fine for 2 days, but on the interstate at a high speed acceleration it started again. Just put plug wires on it about 4 months ago, so I don't think they are the culprit.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Yeah I just looked under the dash on my 95.5 and couldn't find the terminal that the haynes manual refers to either. Maybe someone whose been there and done that can chime in.

I would try and just disconnect the O2 sensor to see if it makes any difference b4 replacing. A new bosch o2 sensor will probably cost btw 60 and 80 bucks.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I already got a new O2 sensor,I bought the factory (oem) sensor. The o2 on there now has over 110,000 miles on it atleast, so I figured it's about time for a new one. :lol:

·
Registered
11,467 Posts
If you are going to use a socket then buy an o2 sensor socket. It hase a groove cut in it for the wire. Not sure if there is enough room to use a wrench on yours.

Before installing the new one put a little anti sieze on the threads. The new one should come with a little packet of it.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I'd get the O2 sensor socket. It made it real easy for me. I wished i had done that on the first two I changed. The only reason I got it was I couldn't get a wrench on the last two. The socket made it a quick job. My new O2 sensor came with the anti-sieze already on the sensor.

marc

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yeah, I'm going to get the o2 SOCKET. Advance has a tool loan program, you put down a deposit on the socket, when you take the socket back, you get your money back. The new O2 sensor has the anti seize on the threads.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well, got the new o2 sensor in and she is running good as new now :D . I hope that was all that was wrong.
I just replaced the timing belt, idler pulley, tensioner push rod,tensioner pulley, water pump, new gates drive belts, radiator hoses, spark plugs, and now the oxygen sensor.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.