Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just switched to rotella t6 (synthetic) and what I didn't realize is they sell it in gallons, not 5 qt jugs. So now I need another quart pretty badly but I can't find it anywhere! I got the jug at advance but they don't sell it by the quart
I ordered some to a local napa but they haven't contacted me about it coming in yet, so is it bad if I put in a quart of Mobil 1 5w-30? Idk how well diesel and gas oil mix

·
Registered
7,076 Posts
Yea thats fine you can mix oil. Are you at least at the "min" line on the stick? If so you can drive it no problem until you get more.

·
Registered
928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I'm at the min last I checked, though that was a week ago so we'll see!

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Yeah that is a pain with Rotella. Lucky for me though I have a friend who runs the same stuff so we both buy a gallon then split the other gallon :)

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
I have three cars in the household, so I pretty much buy whatever amount of Rotella and distribute it among the cars.

I used a gallon Rotella 5W-40 with a "no-name" brand 15W-40 qt added, and with Chevron 15W-40 Delo added without any problems. All modern oils mix with each other very well.

·
Registered
928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
OK, thanks everyone!

Thanks Selador, but I would like to avoid buying too much extra, especially since the rotella will probably solve the oil burning problem so I won't need extra right? :lol:

I can only dream :D

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
streetersam said:
OK, thanks everyone!

Thanks Selador, but I would like to avoid buying too much extra, especially since the rotella will probably solve the oil burning problem so I won't need extra right? :lol:

I can only dream :D
Buy the extra one, then you will have the extra needed quart for the next 3 changes. ;)

I've seen the single quarts at walmart and pepboys around me.

·
Registered
928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Lol this is true. I'll decide later.
I wish it wasn't so hard to find!

I gotta put "nothing is ever easy" in my sig. That's been my motto for every project I've done these days.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts