Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
6,859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, I'm really getting fed up with both of them.

Oil prices went down but the price of gas has been going up! They say that the price is due to "anticipating" the refineries in the gulf shutting down, due to flooding. I call price gouging, this is absolutely ridiculous, increase the price when demand calls for it, not when you think you can skim money off of the person who needs to get to and from work.The price of putting gas in your vehicle shouldn't be more than your car payment.

Now, for the banks. They are upset that the retailers have gained ground on not having to pay transaction fees. One of my accounts has already increased their monthly service charges anticipating shouldering the burden, I'm sure the others will follow suite. Don't even get me started on ATM fees! No humans are even involved in the process of withdrawing this money yet both banks charge you a fee? How can they justify this? A bad taste was left in my mouth already when we had to bail them out and still pay their bonuses. How did they reward us paying customers? Increased fees and interest. I have good credit but use my credit cards a lot for work, at least I did. Not only did my interest rates all ratchet up, they lowered my available credit.....With all the fees and interest that they charge, how on earth can they have failed? I hope they realize that I remember who did me right and who did me wrong. Guess who I won't do my business with in the future?

Lastly, why does the middle class have to carry this burden? Probably because we are too busy trying to make a living to fight for a cause. I'll tell you, whoever runs for office in the next election will have my vote if they make a point of getting the lobbyists out of the Washington officials pockets! Course this would be political suicide, but think of the progress that could be made if this were the case.

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
I hear ya man! I started a gas rant today on my FB page. It's $1.40 a liter here, and the Canadian dollar is stronger than American. It works out to about $5.50 a gallon! And we're selling oil to you! The banks, Jesus, at least some of them offer "high interest savings account" somewhere around prime -1.5%.

My wife and I are trying to cash out some stock from a computer share holder (bank) and they wont let you do it by fax, through a bank to roll into an RRSP to avoid paying tax. They say you can only do it online, and you try to do it online and they say to call, you call and they tell you to fax. In the mean time the stock has taken a %5 hit. It's my money not yours, you have it in writing that I want it. GIVE IT TO ME.

·
Registered
751 Posts
I've never understood banks and oil companies either. I make my living with cash and barter. It works great.

·
Registered
10,560 Posts
Don't get me started! Note to self:must resist, must resist, must resist.

·
Registered
7,284 Posts
I closed all of my CC accounts.

Except for PayPal and Lowes.

I kept Lowes because it is good to have a card with them in case of needed emergency repairs. Like plumbing or electrical.

And because they have NEVER screwed with my account.

Whereas every other one has done things on purpose to force extra fees.

A good for instance was the Bank Of America card. (I now call them Bunko America. Because that is exactly what they are doing. Running bunko.)

I made a payment online.

Forgot to save the acknowledgement page.

But they took the money out of my bank account instantly. (The bank account was also with them.) That money was instantly gone, and stayed that way for the entire time.

Three weeks later I get a notice that I owe them nearly 80 dollars in 'overage' and 'late' fees.

They held that payment and didn't count it until the day after it was due.

I checked online, at that point. The records showed the payment being made the day they claim. (And the money not coming out of my bank account until then, either.)

They accepted the payment, and HAD the money two weeks early. Said thank you, and gave me the confirmation page.

The bank account no longer had that money in it. And my CC account no longer showed any payment due.

Yet the day after it was due, they changed the records to show the payment made that day, and then charged me a late fee which then overdrafted the account. So, late fees, AND overderaft fees.

And there wasn't a damn thing I could do about it because I didn't have a paper receipt. Only way I would have had THAT, is if I had gone into the bank in person and made the payment.

Completely floored me.

What are you going to do when the only records are the ones they have, and they have changed them, to reflect what THEY claim happened ? (This is what I consider is the reason why all of the financial institutions are pressing for 'online only', 'no paper' accounts. Then THEY have the records, and you have nothing. You show them something that you have saved on your computer, and they can claim you forged it. Or it's some mistake you made. Because THEIR records differ...)

They did this kind of crap constantly. On a 1000 dollar credit card, I once figured up all the extra fees, and discovered that I had paid over 700 dollars in EXTRA fees, over the course of just over two years.

I kept the PayPal because it is just so damn convenient, LOL Plus, they have only screwed with the account once. And as far as I can tell, it was a mistake. Not intentional. (I still had to pay for it. Because they wouldn't admit the mistake. But it wasn't much.)

~~~~~~~

There. That aughta get squatch started. LOL

:lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
I went into the bank to renegotiate my interest rate on my line of credit a few years ago. They said that was the best rate they could do. I went to another bank, one that I had no prior history with, applied for a credit line, almost %3 less than my life time bank. I went back to my Original bank to close all of my accounts, they then told me they could offer me %1 less than the now competing bank - I told them to close my accounts, and that they should have offered me that in the first place. Money grabbers.

·
Registered
6,404 Posts
squatch said:
Don't get me started! Note to self:must resist, must resist, must resist.
Ditto. I made a mental note to stay away from the political threads on here a while ago. It's darn hard to keep quiet sometimes though.. even though in this case I am agreeing with everyone on here.

·
Registered
3,998 Posts
Here's one for you - I have my student loan payments with AES and did automatic payments, I also have automatic payments and paperless billing on ALL my accounts and bill payments. If someone doesn't call or email me.. I assume everything is OK. I also travel alot and between me, my room mate, and her friend that gets mail directed there while he's traveling.. lots of mail comes, including bank and credit card offers that I shred without opening... I learned my lesson of not keeping up on mail and opening before I shred because I found out 6 months ago that Wellsfargo took over wachovia banking which owned one of my loans. ($33 payment every month that I pay ~$60 on) this is Assuming they sent me anything in the mail!!

Here's how I found out.. Wells Fargo took over loan servicing one day at the end of my bill cycle. My automatic payments continued to go through, but AES just applied the extra balance of the missing loan I made the payment on evenly across the other 3 student loans. Again.. no notice from AES which I would have expected to...

45 days later on a saturday my phone buzzes for an email that my credit monitoring service reportes that Wells Fargo posted non payment delinquent on my $8,000 loan. At first I had to figure out what the hell was going on because I didn't know I banked with Wells fargo... I also thought.. well hell -- wouldn't someone call me to tell me they are about to report me to a credit bureau for non payment on a $30 Payment!!!?! after I calmed down and realized they were closed on weekends... I immediately figure out my account number and setup an online account on their website - make payment on the past due and current amount - setup my bank account for automatic payments....

So I called wells fargo first thing monday morning to explain the situation and that there was a clear misunderstanding when they took the loan servicing away and my automatic payment went to the other accounts I had with AES... and what's the answer I get? "Oh we're sorry that happened to alot of people... " So I politely ask them to reverse the negative reporting to the credit bureau which they said they would investigate... they send me a letter in the mail saying that it's valid since I never sent payment and the account really was 30 days past due. What kind of horse SH$T is that?? At LEAST have the courtesy of giving people some sort of damn leeway when you're taking over a company and then decide to change where they send payment too without confirming they know otherwise????

God that pissed me off, never a negative mark on my credit - and this takes me down 40 points on this stupid credit rating system. All over a $33 payment that I'd have GLADLY made had someone called me or emailed me like I request with ALL my accounts??

Thanks Wells fargo - As soon as my loan is paid off, I will never do business with you again. Negative credit reporting for 30 days past due on $33.64?? Assholes.

·
Registered
6,404 Posts
Ruination,

Just write a letter documenting everything that happened and have it added to your credit files.

I know how you feel though. I had an ex-roommate who started a credit card in my name, maxed it out and never told me about it. I found out 3 years later when bill collectors started calling. I had to write lots of letters to the credit bureaus. Those were in file and helped me when I had to do things like buy a new car, house etc. It's not perfect but sometimes it's the best you can do. Sorry about your luck.

·
Registered
8,605 Posts
I won't get started on most of this but I had a similar situation with my Harley payment. Insurance totaled the bike and told me they were sending payment to Harley to pay it off, no notice from Harley or Insurance company about it afterwards, then I get a 45 day late payment notice on my credit from Harley on my credit, I guess the insurance company took longer than they said to make payment and neither company did anything to help my now delinquent account mark. Good thing it was years ago and I haven't had issues since. I will say I love my bank, the credit card interest rates have went up a little but not bad, I don't get service fees or overdraft or anything charged on them and for my checking account they refund my atm fees at the end of the month :D

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
I love cash!!! credit isn't your money...its theirs. They can make the rules as they go because people are facinated with social esteem even though they don't have any wealth to buy those token items before they actually save the money for it. Don't even get me started about the citizens of california.

With cash you get a piece of paper or coinage to keep for yourself. If "they" want to tax it they can't, if they want to charge you interest...they can't. MOST IMPORTANTLY.....if you die, your wife and kids get ALL your money. No death tax...no inheritance tax...no income tax on the interest...no penalty for early withdraw when you fall on hard times and need a few of YOUR bucks!

People say...I can't save cash in the house because "what if a crook breaks in and steals it?" Sorry but if you guys kept your lifes savings in an investment account then a crook already stole it! And you can't file a claim because "thats the risk you take investing in a portfolio partner". The ones that have cash still have it. A good friend of mine lost over $40,000. He'll never get that back. Yeah I said $40,000. And he had it in that account for a meazly 3%.

As for gas prices.....what do we do? some power house figured out that theres NOTHING we can do about it so why not gouge?

·
Premium Member
4,350 Posts
rollintroopers said:
I love cash!!! credit isn't your money...its theirs. They can make the rules as they go because people are facinated with social esteem even though they don't have any wealth to buy those token items before they actually save the money for it. Don't even get me started about the citizens of california.

With cash you get a piece of paper or coinage to keep for yourself. If "they" want to tax it they can't, if they want to charge you interest...they can't. MOST IMPORTANTLY.....if you die, your wife and kids get ALL your money. No death tax...no inheritance tax...no income tax on the interest...no penalty for early withdraw when you fall on hard times and need a few of YOUR bucks!

People say...I can't save cash in the house because "what if a crook breaks in and steals it?" Sorry but if you guys kept your lifes savings in an investment account then a crook already stole it! And you can't file a claim because "thats the risk you take investing in a portfolio partner". The ones that have cash still have it. A good friend of mine lost over $40,000. He'll never get that back. Yeah I said $40,000. And he had it in that account for a meazly 3%.

As for gas prices.....what do we do? some power house figured out that theres NOTHING we can do about it so why not gouge?
you are 100% right my friend... I hate banks, have told my gf to keep her $$$ out of them and she is now realizing that she needs to get her $$$ out now. She has to give a weeks notice to pull anything over 3K... I have always hated them and will always hate them. It has been years since I have had an account with a bank, and for good reason. I work to hard to "entrust" my monies to someone that requires it for their gain...

cheers
-Ian

·
Registered
10,560 Posts
Don't expect any breaks from Wells Fargo. They were implicated big time in the mortgage BS. State of MD is suing the pants off them for writing gazillions of loans to non qualified people and then foreclosing on them.

·
Registered
3,998 Posts
squatch said:
Don't expect any breaks from Wells Fargo. They were implicated big time in the mortgage BS. State of MD is suing the pants off them for writing gazillions of loans to non qualified people and then foreclosing on them.
That doesn't surprise me one bit. How does a company make money reporting people to the credit b. Furthermore... how is it a big deal to correct what they did wrong after I made it right as soon as I found out...?!?

thanks, I will write a letter.. and now that this thread reminded me of this.. I will call wells fargo every day untill they correct this problem. Scam artists.

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
squatch said:
Yeah, isn't that some sh-t??? I didn't believe it when I heard it.

This computer age was supposed to make things better, I see it being taking advantage of by employees that think their mouse button can't change the world. Guess what? it did. Without face to face contact, things like weak muscles, ugly face and personality, and all the other things that keep a person in their place in society don't exist sitting behind a screen. Those people can pretty much get back at the world by creating loop hole rules that legaly bind a consumer into paying fees for everything.

I can just picture someone sitting behind a desk, deep inside a huge badge secured building typing the new interest schedule for wells fargo saying to themselves "remember when Ben called me lardo growing up"? Well I'll get back at him and the world by clicking this button! LOL

·
Registered
6,404 Posts
rollintroopers said:
squatch said:
Yeah, isn't that some sh-t??? I didn't believe it when I heard it.

This computer age was supposed to make things better, I see it being taking advantage of by employees that think their mouse button can't change the world. Guess what? it did. Without face to face contact, things like weak muscles, ugly face and personality, and all the other things that keep a person in their place in society don't exist sitting behind a screen. Those people can pretty much get back at the world by creating loop hole rules that legaly bind a consumer into paying fees for everything.

I can just picture someone sitting behind a desk, deep inside a huge badge secured building typing the new interest schedule for wells fargo saying to themselves "remember when Ben called me lardo growing up"? Well I'll get back at him and the world by clicking this button! LOL
Scary but poignant Ben. I'm not sure if it's just the geeks in H.S. that are taking revenge by clicking but I will certainly agree that the digital age has ushered in a new reign of seriously lacking customer service skills. They make it near impossible to get someone on the phone. When you finally do, they are either rude or inept at their job. Just forget about speaking to someone face to face and if you try you get the run around.
"Oh you need to call this number." When you call, "Oh you need to be transferred to so and so." So and so says, "I don't know why you got transferred to me. You need to go to your local office." GRRRRRR :evil: Companies no longer value the things that should be most important 1.) Their employees. There is no loyality AT ALL anymore. 2.) Their clients. It seems like they've figured out a way to make consumers feel dependent.

We need to treat these stone hearted corporate monsters just like we need to treat this government by telling them, "We think you suck at your job. Your terrible at managing our money/country and we're gonna do everything in our power to get your *** fired and out of our way. You're standing in the way of our progress and impeding on our happiness."

I said I wasnt gonna rant but I just can't help it.

·
Registered
2,672 Posts

·
Registered
10,560 Posts
Oil Prices have been dropping for weeks. Gas near me has held steady at $3.95 gal for 3 weeks. Yesterday it went up to $3.99+. They can bite my butt!

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
squatch said:
Oil Prices have been dropping for weeks. Gas near me has held steady at $3.95 gal for 3 weeks. Yesterday it went up to $3.99+. They can bite my butt!
$1.40 a liter here. that's about $5.40 a gallon. And we export our oil to the USA, so it boggles my mind how our oil is cheaper for you after you buy it from us... facepalm.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts