Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been running crappy all day and getting worse. Now won't idle. Check Engine light. Keeps loosing power. Pulled a code 44 O2 sensor reading lean exhaust. I'm thinking fuel filter or pump. Both are just a few months old and have changed all Linss
from tank to TBI. I'm in a small mountain town Alpine Az. No parts store. Any ideas?

New pump in. Running better but doesn't like the altitude. Still chuggs when starting.[/list][/list]

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
If you can get about 25 miles to Springerville or Eagar they have some auto services and they can change the O2 sensor quickly, hopefully.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Yeah, keep rolling into Springerville.

There are a couple auto parts stores and service shops on main street.

·
Registered
7,543 Posts
please tell me you DIDNT put in an Airtex fuel pump? if so, i'd put money on that...

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yep was an Airtexs. :(
Springerville stores don't any in stock. So mechanic here can have a Boche bout 9AM tomorrow. Have tank out now just waiting.

·
Registered
7,284 Posts
rodeo joe said:
Springerville stores don't any in stock. So mechanic here can have a Boche bout 9AM tomorrow. Have tank out now just waiting.
I'll never again put any fuel pump in a gas tank, other than Bosch.

Bosch is the best !

·
Registered
7,543 Posts
Selador said:
rodeo joe said:
I'll never again put any fuel pump in a gas tank, other than Bosch.

Bosch is the best !
or OEM. seen them go 200k without fail

·
Registered
6,404 Posts
Selador said:
lowzone said:
or OEM. seen them go 200k without fail
That too. Agreed.

But if you -have- to go with aftermarket, go with Bosch.

:D :D :D
That's what I used. $50 bones shipped from ebay. Can't beat that deal with a stick.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Wasn't aware of there being "issues" with the AIRTEX pumps??
Guess I'll keep my fingers crossed as that' what I used for my Sons Rodeo awhile back.. Posted all about it and don't recall anyone mentioning these being problematic?

Kina sux if it does go bad as I initially wanted to use the Bosch but thought the AIRTEX was the preferred brand here..

Hope it is indeed the Pump though, sux that your broke down on vacation..
Especially with your intended destination..

·
Registered
7,284 Posts
FNFAL308 said:
Wasn't aware of there being "issues" with the AIRTEX pumps??
Guess I'll keep my fingers crossed as that' what I used for my Sons Rodeo awhile back.. Posted all about it and don't recall anyone mentioning these being problematic?

Kina sux if it does go bad as I initially wanted to use the Bosch but thought the AIRTEX was the preferred brand here..

Hope it is indeed the Pump though, sux that your broke down on vacation..
Especially with your intended destination..
Yep. I almost used the airtex, too. (On my 93 jimmy). Because I also thought it was the preferred fuel pump.

After doing some reading on s-10 forums, I went with the bosch, though, and have always been glad I did.

·
Registered
7,284 Posts
FNFAL308 said:
Hopefully it doesn't end up being a lesson learned the HARD way..
Oh well if it does go south I figure I can do the job in about half the time second go round.. :wink:
ROFLMAO

Bazactly !!!

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Mechanic here used to have a lot of customer w/ Isuzus. So was well aware of issues. Said to check volts to pump as bad ground will shorten life. I checked It's fine. He also stopped using after market pumps cuz they didn't last &
he couldn't warrenty them. He too says OEM or Bosch.

·
Registered
808 Posts
I had the exact same code the other day...replaced the fuel filter and reset the ecm. So far all has been well. I'll keep the fuel pump in mind if I see that code again though. Hope you got it all figured out and are back on your way up to Moab

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.