Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 99 Rodeo, 3.2 v6. I got four sensors out of a 3.2 V6 2wd 2001 Passport and put them onto my Rodeo. They plugged in fine, but now I have a P0134. The sensor before the cat passenger side has no signal.

Backstory:

I got both cats, "Y" pipe and all for sensors on ebay and had it all put into my rodeo. I originally had a P0420. This was around thanksging. I got the code read at that time. I finally got it fixed, but now this new code came about. It may have been there before, I'm not sure.

Regardless, the P0420 isn't back. The guy at AutoZone said the car needs to go through 40 start/stop cycles. I've always cleared codes by diconnecting the battery.

Anyhow, any ideas on what may be wrong? It is possible that the sensor is bad, but it's not that old.

My Rodeo rides real nice, nothing seems wrong. I need to get this code gone because I am due for an inspection.

thanks,
marc

·
Registered
327 Posts
marcre said:
I have a 99 Rodeo, 3.2 v6. I got four sensors out of a 3.2 V6 2wd 2001 Passport and put them onto my Rodeo. They plugged in fine, but now I have a P0134. The sensor before the cat passenger side has no signal.

Backstory:

I got both cats, "Y" pipe and all for sensors on ebay and had it all put into my rodeo. I originally had a P0420. This was around thanksging. I got the code read at that time. I finally got it fixed, but now this new code came about. It may have been there before, I'm not sure.

Regardless, the P0420 isn't back. The guy at AutoZone said the car needs to go through 40 start/stop cycles. I've always cleared codes by diconnecting the battery.

Anyhow, any ideas on what may be wrong? It is possible that the sensor is bad, but it's not that old.

My Rodeo rides real nice, nothing seems wrong. I need to get this code gone because I am due for an inspection.

thanks,
marc
Swap the O2 sensors around and see if the code follows the "bad" sensor. If it doesn't move you may have a wiring issue.

As far as the 40 cycles, that is if you don't clear the codes with a reader or by disconnecting power to the ECM (by disconnecting the battery or pulling the ECM fuse). If you want I'll look on AllData tomorrow and send you the troubleshooting guide for the codes you have.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I changed the sensor and the CEL is back. This time for a different sensor.

I am at a loss, the code is now PO154, my bank 2 sensor 1 is giving no activity.

I know the sensors I got are compatible, so I wonder if they are damaged?

I don't understand how I fix one and another goes bad. I will switch it out tomorrow and I totally expect the CEL to come back on.

marc

·
Registered
18 Posts
I know this was along time ago, but i was wondering if you rememeber what the issue was? and if it was ever fixed. I have the same code but my truck sat for a year and im wondering if it could be my CAT or maybe need new head gaskets. I have 205K on my truck.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.