Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, gotta '96 Trooper w/ 3.2 and the check engine light comes and goes...have advance auto run the codes and what comes up is O2 sensor not responding and lean fuel mixture bank 2...someone point me in the right direction, thanks....

and the only reason i posted this is I did a search and I have read nothing about replacing the o2 sensor and more along the lines of plugs, egr, etc.

·
Registered
4,001 Posts
It would help if you posted the code you are getting. And its only been 5 hours, give it some time to get a reply.

Bank 2 = drivers side, there are 2 sensors. Without knowing what code you are getting, this will make troubleshooting difficult.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i posted this yesterday...so maybe 25 hours? :D

the guy at advance didn't give me any codes, just told me what I posted in the opening of the thread, I may have to go back and get him to check again, thanks.

·
Registered
4,001 Posts
I apologize, I thought it was still the 5th. :lol:

Well since you know its Bank 2 (drivers side), you can check if the o2 sensor electricals connections are good.
Try cleaning the connectors. Its worth a try. If the sensors have more than 75-100k miles on them, they are probably weak, and need to be replaced.

Bank 2, sensor 1 is the pre-cat sensor. Which is the one that affects the fuel mixture if it were to go bad.
The one after the cat just monitors if the cat works or not, so its not likely to be the problem. It may also be an exhuast leak causing the issue.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts