1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
175 Posts
I have heard a lot of people talk about the sacrifices they have had to make in life. That picture displays everyone of them rolled into one.... God bless all our troops serving home and abroad!

·
Registered
280 Posts
God bless every single last damned one of them!

....and may God CURSE those who DON'T support them! :evil:

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Um, there seems to have been a post deleted..........was it a troll?

Cheers,

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
175 Posts
You won't see any of this video on CNN or any of the networks. You are assured not to hear anything about how the soldier then gave aid to the very POS who just tried to kill him. Thanks liberal media for nothing!! :roll:

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
http://varifrank.com/archives/2006/04/i ... _defie.php

Completely and utterly amazing........I could only ever hope to be a quarter of the man that soldier is.

The Stars and Stripes story goes into much more detail, but the gist is clearly outlined in the above link. What is a little distracting from the blog entry is the misspelling of 'sergeant' to sargeant.

The picture is a classic among classics; it is truly disheartening that our domestic media chooses to support the terrorists rather than highlight and support these great men and women fighting Islamic illiterate terrorists.

Cheers,

·
Registered
11,467 Posts
Toff_The_Toffee said:
Support the terrorists? Do they really? Not gonna argue, but that's a somewhat silly statement.
Yeah they do. The 'main stream' media here is very liberal and along with the democrats are invested in us failing in iraq. They are so set on defeating Bush (who cant even run for president again) and defying anything he does that they cant allow iraq to succeed.

Check out http://www.humaneventsonline.com/article.php?id=10855

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
You are mistaking support for terrorism, with the media view that Bush has got us into a great big mess. i hope this isn't going to go along the usual lines of 'if you don't support Bush, you are not supporting the troops, or being patriotic'. I'm sure there are a lot of good things to come out of the invasion of Iraq, but

shows that a lot of crap has as well. The insurgency is causing a heavy toll on the people in Iraq, and with no visible means to stop it.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Toff_The_Toffee said:
You are mistaking support for terrorism, with the media view that Bush has got us into a great big mess. i hope this isn't going to go along the usual lines of 'if you don't support Bush, you are not supporting the troops, or being patriotic'. I'm sure there are a lot of good things to come out of the invasion of Iraq, but

shows that a lot of crap has as well. The insurgency is causing a heavy toll on the people in Iraq, and with no visible means to stop it.
Do you think they would rather be under Saddam?
http://wais.stanford.edu/Iraq/iraq_deat ... 42503.html

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Well from a purely power standpoint, at least Saddam kept all these factions in check. His removal has meant a power vaccuum, and all the seperate factions are now jockeying for power, possibly towards a civil war. lets not forget that during Saddams time in power, he was supplied with arms by the US and the UK. Saddam was a prick, but of course Saddams attrocities were not the reason we went in... Those reasons were support for terrorism, and WMD's... By the way that website states 70-125 people dying a day under Saddam, and the vast majority of those were during the war with Iran, (where he AND his enemy were supplied with arms remember. I'm glad that foreshortened any conflict :roll:) and we are currently working on 35 or so a day! Will we be going to Nigeria to stop the killing there, or the Congo, where MILLIONS have died in their civil war? I think not. It's all very well wrapping up a fiasco in a blanket of humanitarianism, but you'd be kidding yourself if you eally thought that was the reason we went. :roll:

·
Registered
237 Posts
I thought this was a thread honoring a brave american soldier. how did it turn into political commentary. personally, I don't care about either of your points of view. That man was fighting for his country and was wounded. It is he and his family that should be receiving our attention and not the reason behind it.

·
Registered
478 Posts
langforg said:
I thought this was a thread honoring a brave american soldier. how did it turn into political commentary. personally, I don't care about either of your points of view. That man was fighting for his country and was wounded. It is he and his family that should be receiving our attention and not the reason behind it.
True dat.

Semper Fi, and God Bless
-J :wink:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.