Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was talking my 2000 Amigo out for its madden voyage after buying it recked and fixing it. I was heading to dinner in a town about 25 miles, I was about 1 mile out the town I was going to and had the cruise set at 60 and out of no wear my engine revved up and then started to down shift through the gears, so I threw it in to neutral and pulled to the side of the road. My first thought was that the tranny just went out but it wouldn't start, just fire and die. Since my gas gage needs a new sending unit (witch I have but haven't had time to install) I can only go off the trip for how much gas I have, well I read the wrong trip that said I had only 125 miles on it not the one with 230 miles. I thought no way I could be out of gas. The funny thing is I ran out right in front of a friends house and he's the only person in the town that I know, so not knowing of any thing else to try he gave me a ride to a gas station and I filled a 2 gallon can and after putting it in it started just like it never even ran out. Because how strange it acted and how easy it restarted I was still skeptical I was out of gas but after getting to the gas station and putting in another 15.22 gallons I was now convinced and it ran great the rest of night.

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
I finally fixed my sending unit after driving it with no gauge for over a year. I'm so over estimating with the trip odometer. Check ebay for a good deal on sending units.

·
Premium Member
5,577 Posts
I had a funny experience once. The vent clogged on my gas tank in the car I was driving. That caused the tank to collapse as the fuel was sucked from it by the fuel pump. It collapsed enough that the fuel sender was sitting on the bottom so the gauge never went down to the bottom. I ran out of gas with the gauge indicating that I had plenty of fuel left. It wasn't until I saw the tank that I realized what had happened.

-Tad

1 - 3 of 3 Posts