Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
Hey Everybody,

Eric here, announcing the Spring North GA Zu RUN March 17-18, we will be running a fun route with parts of the GA traverse along with our local "challenging" OHV Beasley Knob. Plan is to trail ride/wheel/overland for 2 days. camping somewhere along the forest road in the National forest. I am still mapping the route to make sure there arent any local closures. It is sure to be a great outing with the ZU CRU. I know 17th is St. Patricks day and that may reduce turnout but hey if we are all camping in the woods why not bring a beer.

This could be your shakedown run making sure your prepared for Uwharrie/Moab or just come and meet like minded Zu lovers in our natural environment. We are not wheelin to break things or get stuck. We will help each other get through all the obstacles or we will all turn back together. Those that have wheeled or traveled with me know how It is. Always make for a good day when we all can stay together.

Give me a shout here or on Facebook or Instagram. More details to follow.
IMG_20170311_184427.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
52 Posts
I am interested but my garage queen trooper has stayed on paved roads all it's life. :)
It doesn't have any kind of off-road extras. Is it doable with stock trooper?
I think it will be fun but at the same time I don't want to hold anyone back because of me.

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You should be fine, I do think there will be any thing you won't be able to do in a stock 02, we have folks come in stock 1st gens that don't have an issue most years. Look forward to meeting you.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have Davids AR5 out and the new clutch release bearing but juggling weather and jobs has sucked. He has a new born and may want/need to take a break. We have a tile job Fri and if its not finished we have to finish it Sat. I'll text Eric and Chris Friday evening. I need to get away, I will try! I'm actually going to try and put that trans back in now. Its 44 and sunny.

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Make it so John. Wouldn't be the same without you.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Done brother. if I have to finish the tile job Sat morning, how and where could we meet up? Could I catch yall on a trail or camp site? maybe you could shoot me the route/roads/trails. That could be a back up plan. First plan of attack is David and I plan on using quick setting glue and knocking it and the grout out in a day(Fri)

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Planning on meeting in Downtown Clayton, GA @9:30 then hitting charlies creek going west, then either hitting up beasley knob or cuing down through suches and going "down" flatlands rd like before. Then likely stop for lunch, then depending on how late it is or what folks want to do we can go thru cooper gap toward ellijay area or camp closer down toward nimblewill gap.

This was a general idea of the route:
First part Day 1: https://goo.gl/maps/NxWFKvDDMdS2
2nd Part Day 1: https://goo.gl/maps/hfantohozPn

·
Registered
28 Posts
I just got home from a job Eric and blew up your phone at 11:30 with texts (sorry) I decided to post here also. I'm going to make it, David is not. I never finished installing his AR5 because he has a newborn and doesn't want to leave his significant other alone with the responsibilities. I will finish it when its warmer! We are going to finish that tile job Friday come hell or high water. I will see yall Sat at 9:30 on the square in Clayton. All I have to do to prepare for the trip is empty the rig of construction tools, fill it with camping gear and find any bar stock that will make temporary control arm bushings. Mine are shot. I was thinking ABS or even aluminum just for temporary use. Lets rip it up this weekend without breaking anything! I hope Chris and "Princess Slippers" gets to make it!

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
We had a good turn out and a great time over the weekend. I'll post up a link to pictures here in abit.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.