Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, my 2001 Honda Passport with 16" stock wheels needs new rubber.

First off, truck has no lift now. I will be putting trooper springs in the back for a 1" lift and cranking the t-bars in the front.

Second, I am looking to go with 265/70 16's

This is per the thread stickied up top. Backspacing confuses the hell out of me. How do i know what the backspacing on my stock wheels are?

Will these tires fit given my application?

·
Registered
192 Posts
If I googled it right it's a little over 30inches so it will fit with a cracked TBar for sure and should fit as is with little or no rubbing. I doubt you'll really know unless you tried. I had 30s on my rodeo when it was totally stock forever. Backspacing confuses me too I just go by negative or positive offset.

P.S. the trooper spring will probably give you 2 inches of lift in the rear.

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
Backspace- measure from the inside wheel rim to the wheel mounting surface. Every Isuzu rim I have measured has 3.75".
You tire selection will fit & work best on a 7" or wider rim, if yours are narrower consider a 245/75/16- same diameter, just a bit narrower.

·
Registered
8,073 Posts
oldestisuzuist said:
Every Isuzu rim I have measured has 3.75".
Newer gen Isuzus have quite a bit more backspacing than older ones. Based on the way my aftermarket 3.75" backspacing wheels stick out on the 93 Trooper, the stock wheels were probably around 4.5" backspacing.

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
Yep, my stock 03 Rodeo wheels are about a 5.5" backspacing.

I'm not sure what your passports backspacing is, but you should be able to fit that size tire with a small lift no problem. Also like one of the guys above me said, Trooper springs will give you closer to a 2" lift if they are in good shape.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So now it comes down to:

265/70r 16
or
265/75r 16

Do you guys think I can get away with the wider tire?

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I went with 265/70/16 Firestone Destinations LE.

Couple things:

- I put trooper coils in the back and t-bar cranked the front
- Without that there is NO way these are fitting on stock suspension. Even with the lift I am going to be trimming the front mud flaps where they slightly catch.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts