Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well actually you can remove them but you don't need to - one like this:

http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/moreinfo.php?pk=990009

Anyone using one of these? Any ODB II issues? I know they aren't supposed to cause any problems but thought I would check. Gas cap on my 99 is to where you need to bear down on it some to keep it from coding and if I have to replace it these look like a good enhancement.

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
New cars are starting to come with a similar configuration. I know Ford is doing it.

·
Registered
7,284 Posts
vanduker said:
Well actually you can remove them but you don't need to - one like this:

http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/moreinfo.php?pk=990009

Anyone using one of these? Any ODB II issues? I know they aren't supposed to cause any problems but thought I would check. Gas cap on my 99 is to where you need to bear down on it some to keep it from coding and if I have to replace it these look like a good enhancement.
InStant Fill™ caps are designed to appeal to the following consumers:

* Elderly or arthritic persons: With no cap to twist, a source of discomfort is eliminated for those with arthritis in fingers, hands or wrists.
* Clean-hands: There is no dirty, smelly gas cap to touch, so hands will not smell of gasoline after refueling.
* Timesavers: Pushing the gas nozzle through the trap door is quicker than removing and replacing a standard cap.
* Race fans: Fill up like NASCAR does during a pit stop.
* Experienced a lost cap: There is no chance to leave the cap on the gas pump and drive away, if you do not need to remove it to refuel.
* Environmentally conscious: Since the cap is never removed during the refueling process, fewer gasoline fumes will evaporate into the atmosphere.
* Easier for your neighborhood meth-heads to steal your gas.

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Don't have too many of those at least in my 'hood but either way they would have already needed to pry open the fuel door. If they are willing to go to that effort I don't figure any cap other than one made from depleted uranium would slow them down much.

LOL though I saw the Stant product sheet - "Fill up like NASCAR does" GMAFB anyone buying for that reason has larger issues than can be addressed with a gas cap.

Reading the reviews they seem like normal reviews, people love them or hate them as they set a code.

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
It would be awesome to be able to dump in 30 gallons in 3 seconds. I mean, if that's what they're claiming. :shock:

·
Registered
13,615 Posts
Think about offroading and dust for a moment. now imagine that that resessed hole has captured a couple table spoon fulls. Then take into account dust/dirt holds open the cool valve. So next trail dust and all slowly sifts down. Then say you get around water rain or mud hole. The equipment I work on see's all these harsh environments, they have good quality caps ,covers and seals , But it still finds it's way in eventually .... I've actualy vacuumed out fuel tanks before lol... Hey it works...

·
Registered
6,257 Posts
"Environmentally conscious: Since the cap is never removed during the refueling process, fewer gasoline fumes will evaporate into the atmosphere."

LOL

·
Registered
13,615 Posts
I had to help an old lady figure out how to put gas in her car the other day. First time I'd seen one lol. It took me a bit to figure it out to. :)

·
Registered
7,284 Posts
bradzuzu said:
I had to help an old lady figure out how to put gas in her car the other day. First time I'd seen one lol. It took me a bit to figure it out to. :)
First time you'd seen a little old lady ?

(Typed one letter at a time. Using a stick. Wow, my back hurts !)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts