Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking at replacing my balljoints. I know Moog generally has a good reputation for aftermarket quality, but they are expensive compared to the Duralast ones at Autozone. I am not that familiar with the other "house brands" at other parts stores. So, I ask, does anyone have any recommendations for what is a quality aftermarket balljoint?

·
Registered
4,001 Posts
Moog, Sankei/555, Napa brand are good.

If you're on a budget, just get cheap ones that have a lifetime warranty. That way you can replace them for free.

Others have had some luck with the eBay ones. Personally, I dont like changing ball joints. So I went with Moog.

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
i installed auto zone duralast on my 95 truck last october when i installed a 3 inch suspension lift ,so far so good,but they are lifetime replacement 8) recon

·
Registered
976 Posts
I put in Mevotech's no more than two years ago and I'm now changing them all out because they are shot. Lifetime warranty doesn't really mean squat to me if the product is crap to begin with.

·
Registered
11,705 Posts
I too have done the cheaper duralast and would buy them again. If, I were a hardcore 4Xer, I might consider something more stout though I have no idea if the duralast aren't stout enough for the typical off-road excursion.

·
Registered
2,854 Posts
I've been using ebay balljoints for almost a year now with 0 problems. If they'll hold up on my Rodeo, they'll do just fine on any other rig.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts