Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i think it would be good idea to compose a list of Isuzu models and or engines types that are for shore non interference engines this would aid in the buying of used Isuzu models for people that rely on used cars . its a lot easier to make a decision on buying a used car when you know at least t know the engine is in good shape or just needs a new timing belt maby water pump .etc

·
Registered
555 Posts
blondespikes said:
i think it would be good idea to compose a list of Isuzu models and or engines types that are for shore non interference engines this would aid in the buying of used Isuzu models for people that rely on used cars . its a lot easier to make a decision on buying a used car when you know at least t know the engine is in good shape or just needs a new timing belt maby water pump .etc
3.2 in the 96 rodeo is 100% a noninterference engine,even though many sources say it IS an interference engine. In fact,I just got mine all the way back together after it lost valve timing due to a bad tensor under the watch of the previous owner. After a new timing belt,new hydraulic tensioner and a new set of plugs it runs perfectly.

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
the diesel 2.2L ALL YEARS 81/87 will hit, most likly it will bend a rocker or push rod, very seldom if ever a valve bends.

Isuzu recommended service change is every 60,000 miles for the belt.

·
Registered
7,076 Posts
The Chevy 2.8L/3.1L engine used in the Rodeo/Trooper are interference motors. However by the time the chain ever breaks the engine is due for an overhaul anyway.

·
Registered
5,980 Posts
all 3.2's and 3.5's are non-interference.

The 2.2 4-banger in the second gens is a interference.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts