Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright...yesterday my Trooper made an awful noise from where it sounded like the right front wheel (rotating assembly). It lasted for only about two seconds. It done this twice yesterday and 3 times today. I torn down the hub to visually inspect, but could see nothing wrong. What I did find is that my CV shaft is spinning slower than it should. While my other spins on a 1:1 ratio to my front drivshaft, it seems as though something is restriciting or binding that on the right side. There are no grinding sounds or sounds of friction. Would this be my CV joint going out or something wrong in the differential? It drives fine and four wheel drive engages and disengages as it sould. I recently installed manual hubs and 1.75" lift shakles. I run up the torsion bars to level the truck and installed 33x12.50s. I also did a ball joint flip. No spacers. This was all about one month ago and have had no problems till now.
DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY IDEA WHAT IS WRONG WITH MY ZU!?!

·
Registered
7,209 Posts
Did you put the c clip on the axle to retain the cv joint's splined end into the hub? If not in a turn there is a slight possibility that you could pull the axle shaft out of the splined area of the hub hence the bad noise.

That's about the only thing I can think of, unless your tires are rubbing somewhere on full lock.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.