Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
okay - i am waiting on my order from matt with my lift kit. i get a note from ups saying they tried to deliver it today and i was away - but the note also says i owe 120 bucks in customs fees. HUH?

last i heard tax at 15% of 400 was only about 60 bucks. and under NAFTA, i don't pay duty on american built items. procomp is american made, right?

hmmmm. could the government be ripping me off?

we'll see.

but the lift comes tommorrow!!! yah!!!

(oh the wife is gonna freak. :twisted:)

·
Registered
5,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
oh - so UPS was trying to charge me a "handling" fee of 60 bucks! i said no way - and she removed the charge.

huh?

sometimes you just have to speak up i guess...

·
Registered
8,073 Posts
I received a package from Vancouver BC a month or two ago, had it shipped to my work address...later my employer received a bill for $30 from UPS for "customs fees". This seemed pretty bogus to send us a bill, when we weren't the ones paying for the shipment in the first place...and to send it to my company, when the package was just send "in care of", not specifically addressed to them. Plus, we had already received the package, seemed cheeky to expect me to pay this unknown fee that should have been asked for up front.

·
Registered
5,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
no, not yet - i have to pick it up tommorrow. the timing is actually horrible - the install has to wait three weeks, while i drool in the box. I have to fly to toronto each weekend for the next two for work and the install therefore gets bumped back until the following weekend.

:evil: :evil: AAAARRGGHH!!! :evil: :evil:

i want to just skip work and dive in...

cough cough - is that an illness coming on?? 8)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.