Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought my second Trooper and am going to start work on it right away. A few small things I'm fixing this week but I need to source an LSD to install. I've gone through forums and some say to find a 3rd member and swap the whole thing. I'm unfamiliar with this process and just installing an LSD. I'd love to get some advice and possibly some parts if people have them. I'm wanting an LSD because I am tired of my wheels working independently while in 2WD. I feel I'd use 2WD a lot more if I had the LSD instead of 4x4(mostly for winter, which is 7 months of the year for me). Thanks ahead of time!
Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Car Land vehicle

· Registered
10 Posts
"I have re-manufactured & used LSD in stock. I also have opitions for Lokka lunchbox type lockers and ARB air locking. All reman diffs come with 3 year 30K mile warranty."

I bet you would sell a lot more if you listed prices.

MIKECT - you can get any 12 bolt LSD (26 spline) from a 1988-1997 Trooper or 1999+ Verhicross and it will work. Just make sure the ring gear/ratio is the same. Or swap your ring gear over.

· Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have re-manufactured & used LSD in stock. I also have opitions for Lokka lunchbox type lockers and ARB air locking. All reman diffs come with 3 year 30K mile warranty.
This is good to know. I guess the best thing to do is look for a 3rd member from a junkyard , even if its far. Sounds like less work than putting an LSD in, is this true? How much are your new and used LSD's? Thanks all!

· Registered
1,365 Posts
This is good to know. I guess the best thing to do is look for a 3rd member from a junkyard , even if its far. Sounds like less work than putting an LSD in, is this true? How much are your new and used LSD's? Thanks all!
look for a 3rd member from a junkyard , even if its far. Sounds like less work than putting an LSD in, is this true? im not understanding this question

· Registered
95 Pickup, 98 Amigo
602 Posts
Yeah just grab the entire 3rd member. 4 bolts on the driveshaft, 4 bolts per side on the backside of the hubs, remove calipers, slide out the axles at least 6 inches or so, drain fluid, remove pumpkin bolts and crack open with a chisel/flathead and hammer. Lay it onto a floormat or something and drag it out.

Note that a LSD in 2wd on snow is gonna result in the rear end getting sideways more often. Hope you're aware and okay with that.

· Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
look for a 3rd member from a junkyard , even if its far. Sounds like less work than putting an LSD in, is this true? im not understanding this question
I'm asking what is an easier better option. Finding a 3rd member and replacing the existing one with one found from a donor vehicle, or buying an LSD and installing that in the existing Diff. I'm unfamiliar with both so I am looking for 1. the better overall option and 2. the less mechanical option. I have access to a garage and tools and a friend with intermediate car mechanics but a 3rd member swap or an LSD install would be new for him... and me.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.