Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ive been trying to figure out why i cant get my 4wd to work and i noticed there is no power at the wires that plug into the actuators on the front axle. is there a fuse or relay that protects this circuit that might be bad?

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
so this is what ive collected so far:

the 4wd system operates by positioning the shift lever in 4wh/4wl. from there, a sensor on the transfer case sends a signal to the actuators at the front axle, causing them to open/close thus engaging the front drive axles being spun my the already moving front drive shaft. then a sensor at the front axle sends a signal to the dash, illuminating the 4wd light. what i think has happened is the sensor at the transfer case has gone bad and wont send power to the actuators at the front axle. does anyone know where i can get a new one of these sensors? i was thinking of just bypassing it with a switch, but i'd really rather do it the right way.

·
Registered
11,467 Posts
The sensors to show the t-case and front axle are engaged are just switches. Not sure how it works on troopers but on 2nd gen rodeos there is a 4wd computer that the signals from the switches go through. I know of a few of those that have gone bad and either not seen the signal from the t-case or wasnt sending the signal to the front actuator valves.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i think im just going to try and bypass the sensor using a toggle switch on my center console tomorrow

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.