Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just recently purchased a 95 rodeo with the 3.2 v6, it's high miles but it ran great, I noticed it was leaking coolant, purchased a new radiator, after I installed it still leaking coolant, so I'm thinking freeze plugs on side of block are bad(drivers side). After new radiator was installed it lost all horsepower I can put the gas pedal all the way to the floor and barly break 10 mph. ANY AND ALL HELP IS GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!!!

·
Registered
546 Posts
sounds to me like you have a badly blown head gasket. Pull the plugs and see what they look like, and if you have a small flash light, try to look into the cylinders to see if any of them are flooded. Other than that, you should just crawl around under and over the truck until you can locate exactly where the leak is coming from.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
plugs are good already checked them no oils except what youd expect from a high milage engine and no coolant in oil (thank god)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
got the power issue fixed (bad wires replaced them heck they weren't even touching the plugs boot was too short) runs great now on to the coolant leak heads, checked around the heads sides of block so I'm thinking drivers side freeze plug, so how hard is this to replace?

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
Does the early 3.2L even have freeze plugs? I know the 98+ don't have them.

·
Registered
5,475 Posts
yes....if I recall correctly the 97 3.2L's have freeze plugs anyways, Surferfletch or 3.2L was his name, had an issue with one of his plugs.

In regards to this particular truck though, the leak could also be from the by-pass hoses underneith the intake, very common failure on these 93-97 3.2L's .

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
leak seems to be coming from around water pump/timing belt arewa as well not bad just a small leak it has 214,000 miles on it, was gonna go ahead and change the timing belt while I had the front apart is this a hard job?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts