Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2001 4l30E tran has lost all gears, it has almost 60k on it and I been trying to fix the tranny leak for a month and it just still leaks, sometimes less, sometimes more. was slipping, but it had cherry juice in it, but 2qt low and i would drop it and try a new seal with gasket sealer and that still didn't work(gasket ripped in half), now it is just RTV and it is the lowest leak right now since i started to fix it.

·
Registered
7,209 Posts
If you know where it's leaking and you've tried to fix it in place. Sounds like it's time to pull it and fix it correctly.

If not replace it. Are you saying that it's not working now. All gears gone?

Joe

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
right before i lost gears, Check tran light flashed, when I stopped, I couldn't go over 15, then after the cop asked me what was wrong, I lost all my gears

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
leaking from the pan, and yes, I have no gears, it won't move in R, Drive, nothing.

·
Registered
7,209 Posts
Have you been replacing the lost fluid?

There are two plugs int eh bottom of the pan. You need to use a fluid transfer pump into the higher of the two plugs while the truck is running.

Fill till the fluid dribbles down your arm. And thank Isuzu for not putting a dipstick on these trannies.

If after a refill it's still got no gears....

Start looking for a j-yard tranny. The rebuild on one of these trannies is very costly.

Joe

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes I have, been as low at 2 1/2 qts. i been doing it that way, but the engine running, since it it pressed in the tranny, it would make a huge mess, right?

·
Registered
7,209 Posts
Sounds like you need to start looking for a replacement tranny. Try a few local j-yard salvage places and the try www.car-part.com.

Good luck

Joe

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.