Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is with the edit button??how are you supposed to edit a post?

·
Registered
11,705 Posts
Haven't tried it today. Used it a couple of times yesterday. Just used it on this one as well.

·
Registered
Original owner, 1983 P'up LS (diesel)
2,791 Posts
There's an option to set a time limit on editing. This is probably because it's considered bad form if you edit a post after people have replied. Sometimes this makes their answers look stupid. I don't know what the limit is, or even what the default limit is.

Jack

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok right now with both of you responding I still see the button...weird :? my reasoning was to fix pictures etc...not to make people seem stupid...they do that themselves :mrgreen:

I will just live with it...new society...new board :blackeye:

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
Yeah, I'd much rather have the option (as administrator) of allowing people to edit their post UNTIL someone has replied. But that's not an option that I've found.

Jack

·
Premium Member
5,577 Posts
Yea, I changed that because some doofus changed all of his (informative) posts to garbage once he got pissed off. Now there's a time limit to edit. That way you can edit a mistake if you make it while posting, but not after something like a day.

-Tad

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
Tad said:
Yea, I changed that because some doofus changed all of his (informative) posts to garbage once he got pissed off. Now there's a time limit to edit. That way you can edit a mistake if you make it while posting, but not after something like a day.

-Tad
Oh, yeah. That was reason #3 that I changed it, too. We had the same thing. Wonder if it was the same doofus!

Jack

·
Registered
4,001 Posts
I have noticed that on certain members their post all have been edited. And in one case, every single one of his post was edited on the same day, exact time. Which I find impossible unless youre a super computer. :shock:

And I have noticed that for some of them they had spam added to their post or signature, and I remember these members making legitamate post.

I cant seem to find the spam ones I was talking about... but Snotgarbler 2009 and some of trooper T/diesel's post in this thread come to mind.
http://forum.planetisuzoo.com/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=32700&start=25

I dont know if those were intentional or not, but I have seen that on a few older members that used to frequent here. I sure hope their accounts werent hacked.

·
Registered
11,705 Posts
Was Snotgarbler 2009 someone else here (from florida I think) a few years ago? I recall his posts under another name, specifically a study with pics he had conducted with a trap (parts from lowes) he had constructed which was installed inline on the pcv line. Good info. I went to find it about 2 years ago or so and there was nothing. I was under the impression he became snotgarbler though that part could very well be my feeble mind. Anyone recall what I'm speaking of? Believe he lived in Florida and was enroute to Thailand.

·
Registered
7,284 Posts
psguardian said:
I think trooper-t posted pics that had spam links tagged along.

~psguardian
That did explain some of the problem. But I never did figure out how that resulted in spam links in his signature, instead of the post itself.

·
Registered
4,001 Posts
shooter said:
Was Snotgarbler 2009 someone else here (from florida I think) a few years ago? I recall his posts under another name, specifically a study with pics he had conducted with a trap (parts from lowes) he had constructed which was installed inline on the pcv line. Good info. I went to find it about 2 years ago or so and there was nothing. I was under the impression he became snotgarbler though that part could very well be my feeble mind. Anyone recall what I'm speaking of? Believe he lived in Florida and was enroute to Thailand.
Was this it?
http://forum.planetisuzoo.com/viewtopic.php?p=215329

He did post up some good info. Seems pretty odd for all of it to just vanish. The more I think about it.. moving to Thailand and wiping your existance from the interwebz sounds like someone robbed a bank or killed someone.
I can see the headlines now. A Florida man evades police for 5 years, but a tip from a brilliant internet forum leads agents to Thailand. Watch now on "I almost got away with it". Lol. JK. :lol:

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
Bansil,

I too have been frustrated by this. It makes a "Original Post" for a thread such as when organizing a trip impossible to update. This is going to be a problem for anyone trying to do this except those few with access to moderate them.

Tad,

Is there a way to have just the original post on an open ended edit option? I understand why you felt the need to change it. It only takes one idiot to screw things up for the masses.

·
Registered
11,705 Posts
Dae said:
shooter said:
Was this it?

He did post up some good info. Seems pretty odd for all of it to just vanish. The more I think about it.. moving to Thailand and wiping your existance from the interwebz sounds like someone robbed a bank or killed someone.
I can see the headlines now. A Florida man evades police for 5 years, but a tip from a brilliant internet forum leads agents to Thailand. Watch now on "I almost got away with it". Lol. JK. :lol:
That's it. Good find Dae. I looked for that sucker forever and a day. I'm an I.D. channel junkie. :lol:

·
Registered
4,001 Posts
Lol, to tell you the truth it only took Google 0.24 seconds to find it. I just did a search only planetisuzoo.com for "Florzuzu" and it was like the 5th one in the results list.
I like a few series on the ID channel. But some episodes seem like they are stretching the truth. Comcast on demand is awesome, I can catch up when I forget to watch an episode. :D

·
Registered
433 Posts
2002trooper4me said:
Bansil,

I too have been frustrated by this. It makes a "Original Post" for a thread such as when organizing a trip impossible to update. This is going to be a problem for anyone trying to do this except those few with access to moderate them.

Tad,

Is there a way to have just the original post on an open ended edit option? I understand why you felt the need to change it. It only takes one idiot to screw things up for the masses.
That's sort of what I was thinking, leave the original post editable, that way you can add pictures and change the title. You can't edit the title after 1 day now.

·
Registered
7,284 Posts
RedStar said:
2002trooper4me said:
Bansil,

Tad,

That's sort of what I was thinking, leave the original post editable, that way you can add pictures and change the title. You can't edit the title after 1 day now.
I don't believe there is any way to leave the original post, and/or title editable, and not the rest.

Besides, leaving even the original, and/or title editable would defeat the purpose of having the edit restriction in the first place.

Might I suggest... if you need something edited, ask one of the moderators.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Selador said:
RedStar said:
2002trooper4me said:
Bansil,

Tad,

I don't believe there is any way to leave the original post, and/or title editable, and not the rest.

Besides, leaving even the original, and/or title editable would defeat the purpose of having the edit restriction in the first place.

Might I suggest... if you need something edited, ask one of the moderators.
Yeah but that's one thing I really liked. Like on my Isuzu Axiom thread, every time I update pictures and mods, I'd like to be able to put something along the lines of "RedStar's '03 Axiom (Updated 8/16/2011)" in the title

·
Registered
11,705 Posts
We should be able to edit any time. The likelihood that someone screws up a post with an edit is far outweighed by folks who might perform a legit edit days, weeks later.

·
Registered
11,705 Posts
Dae said:
shooter said:
Was this it?

Dae, check this out. Have no idea how I landed on it. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/UNIVERSA ... 792wt_1117

Just googled some more. Think I'll do some more reading up on 'em. I find them of interest. http://www.google.com/#hl=en&cp=5&gs_id ... 85&bih=652

1 - 20 of 37 Posts