Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

Here is my problem, any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have a 98 Amigo with some clutch issues. I would like to fix the problem myself but have little to no clutch experience. I can rebuild a 350 in a day but am clueless to clutches and new vehicles.

The problem is that when I press the gas I begin to tach out. I have now power and it is obvious it is the clutch. I just want to make sure it is the mechanical and not the hydraulics. Any help woudl be greatly appreciated.

ALSO...

Where is a good place to find a replacement top? I now live in DC and it took about a week for someone to destroy my windows..

Thanks again!

·
Registered
28 Posts
You can almost always find one or more replacement tops up for auction on eBay. Sometimes you can find hardtops too (might be a thought for the winter in DC), though used ones are pretty rare. I just switched mine over from softie to hard a few weeks ago, and now I worry less when I leave the car at the commuter lot.

·
Registered
132 Posts
well, the taching out tells me that it is almost 100% clutch gone. The hydraulics pull the clutch away from the flywheel, so I would say that you need a new one.

No big deal to do, just lots of time and work. IF you can do a 350, and you have the tools, you should be able to do it in a saturday, or a weekend at worst. Just get someone to help with the lowering and lifting of the tranny.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.