Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just managed to create my account... finally. i have a 2000 passport 4x4. its my first car :) no pics yet still need to find my camera :( however i was hoping some of you might be able to answer some questions i had regarding the torsion bars so that i can safely get some lift. it was wrecked in the front but i have successfully fixed the body just need paint to make it look like new. i just bought spacers for my coil springs in the rear but was wanting some good advice about the t bars because i have never messed with any vehicles suspension.... any help would be much appreciated :D will post some pics asap

·
Registered
44 Posts
Just a matter of jacking the front of the car up, locating the bolt at the rear of the torsion bars and winding them up, from memory 4 turns = about 1 inch of lift.

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
:D cool.welcome to the planet 8) recon

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for the ratio on t bar turns. havent got to raise it yet i couldnt get the spacers i bought in my stock springs :? ... i jacked it up on one side until the tire came off the ground and then i took the tire off. still not enough room between the coils. i was going to take a small jack and place it between the frame and axle but decided against it because i figured the spring would just pop out if i tried too hard and didnt want to risk the injury.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts