Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. I purchased a clean 96 Trooper last week. So far I love it and have started to read this forum to learn what I can. Problem is it didn't with an owners manual I have never owned one of these before. Can someone explain how the 4wd works? Can I be moving to put it in 4wd high? If I am stopped do I put it in nuetral then put it in 4wd? If it goes in 4wd drive on the fly, that sounds like a harsh way to engage the system? Also how many qts of oil in the 3.2??? Thanks in advance. Im sure I will have more questions in the future but will read all posts first :?: !

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
If you have a button on the dash to put it into 4wd you have shift on the fly, and yes you can shift on the fly. As for putting it into 4wd low, you need to stop and put it in neutral and then pull back into 4wd low.

As for the 3.2 it takes a little over 5 quarts with an oil and filter change.

·
Registered
763 Posts
Your trooper is shoft on the fly, but you cannot drive on street w/ 4wd engaged.

·
Registered
16 Posts
You can shift on the fly as you have already been told.. You can drive on the street in 4wd High, just dont go over 50 mph..... That is what is stated in my Trooper owner manual....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts