Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i have been over loading my 95 rodeo a little too much. My car trailer weighs a little over 2500 lbs with a very heavy tongue(10k winch, battery, etc)z car weighs aprox 2800lbs, hauled a explorer(3200 lbs)to the crusher, chevy luz race truck(under 2k)...the castle with 7 concrete rounds for foundation was probably the heaviest..

i sold the rodeo to a close friend who needed a reliable vehicle(he's blown 3 engines in his pathfinder :shock: ) i have been searching craigslist for a few days and ran buy this deal and couldnt pass it up.

its a 93 f150 with a 5.8 auto, pw,pl..it seems like its really down on power and needs lots of love but i got a good deal on it(gotta love single moms that need cash)
plans-
steam clean carpets
tune up
fix door handle
swap door keys with parts truck i have
get rid of gay wheels
new 33" AT's

·
Registered
7 Posts
That castle would have looked hilarious going down the road. It looks a lot heavier than I'm sure it was although the wind resistance had to be a pain. How many miles is on the Ford? The body on it looks pretty good. It should make a reliable hauler.

·
Registered
987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i still have my red rodeo..half way torn apart in the driveway :wink: (mod update soon) the truck seems like it does pretty good, it handles the weight so much better i just wish it sat a little lower. the truck has around 210k miles on it. It has a nasty thud/banging around feel when you get on it hard as it shifts into second that im trying to figure out, seems like its coming from the transfercase you can feel a big thud in the floor. I checked the transfercase mount and it d0sn't have any play in it.
i changed the spark plugs, cap, rotor, cleaned the intake, oil change, atf & filter change. still have a few kinks to work out but not bad for $900

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.