Isuzu SUV Forum banner

New to the Zoo!

2K views 15 replies 5 participants last post by  BlackCrow89 
#1 ·
Cheers! I'm new to the zoo and wanted to introduce my '89 Trooper to the community! I will be posting updates here and there as I spend time in the garage with my new buddy. He doesn't need much at all, but I will post and toast to the good times! Does anyone know where i can get some fresh side marker and taillight assemblies? I keep finding parts for Isuzu "pickups" when I search the web. If anybody knows the compability between Isuzu trucks and Troopers, I'd greatly appreciate hearing your knowledge. Cheers!!!

Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Car Vehicle

See less See more
#2 ·
Welcome to the PI! Your rig looks beautiful.

I've had good luck with both lights on eBay, I think the corner lights were maybe $50 a set (of course, ensure they're for the 1987-1991 Trooper and not the pre-1987 Trooper if you have the stock grille) and the tail lights were around $50 each...but I could be off on those prices. Those are prices for new (but not OEM) lights from Indonesia or Thailand.

For used ones, try messaging members Shawn Anthony and/or Jerry Lemond.

Good luck and keep us posted!

#3 ·
Hi, Steve! Thanks for the nice message, man! And that's great to hear about the lights. I was on "parts geek" earlier and they have a good selection of the assemblies I need but they were for "Isuzu trucks." I did the instant chat option with tech support and they guy honestly didn't seem very sure of himself. He advised me not to buy the light assembly for the "pickup" but MAN...Ive scrutinized online photos of the trucks vs the Troopers to compare the lens. They look EXACTLY the same!!!

#5 ·
Taillight assemblies for 1st gen Troopers are the same as for P'ups, but not Pickups. The trouble is, a lot of suppliers interchange "P'up" and "Pickup". So model year is the key. 1981-1987 taillights are the same. As with Troopers, the P'up taillights had different trim levels. Some have chrome trim, some have black.

#6 ·
I think to my self, my trooper looks good, then I see ones like yours and Im like never mind lol. Beautiful rig. welcome to the insanity

#11 ·
HAHA! Thanks for the compliment, MrDrunge. I got lucky when I found this one for sure. Nonetheless, any Trooper on the road is worthy of a round of applause! I love these underdogs and the folks that keep them running are in a class of their own! Nice to be here with y'all! I'd love to see your rig! Cheers!

#7 ·
#8 ·
Another option is, since your vehicle appears "tricked out" (that's meant as a compliment, BTW), clear lenses instead of red or yellow lenses (and then using colored bulbs). It's a very JDM thing to do and can look great on many vehicles, and I've even thought about trying them on for size. I've seen them for sale on eBay and Aliexpress.

#13 ·
Ah! I really dig that idea. These days it's darn near impossible to search the web for lens without running into those clear or foggy ones. I usually Google search for images of Troopers with certain accessories or styles but MAN...there really isn't a great gallery of pics available out there. Maybe there IS but I'm horrible at "research." Thanks for the reply and idea! You will see a pic posted if I find something cool!

#14 ·
Your vehicle would look good with "smoked" lenses, but I'm not sure they're available for Troopers.

I'll look around and post any links I find. I know I've seen the clear corner lights but can't remember where. Ebay most likely but it might have been Aliexpress.

I'll let you know if I find anything!

#16 ·
Thanks for staying in touch, Steve. I hadn't considered a lens cover but those are pretty cool. I may even go with those "grille" covers that you see on a lot of Jeeps or off-roaders. I'm adding to my wish list...looking for some oem cross bars to slide into the roof tracks i have 2 of them but I'd love to find one or two more. Let me know if you've got a resource!

I saw a guy on Facebook marketplace a couple weeks ago who is just about 30 minutes away from me. He had a field full of Troopers! He was asking for help shifting things around his property and had some parts for sale. He has vanished and no longer has a listing up!! Hoping i can track him down!!!

#15 ·
Maybe some of these would look cool (if they fit)?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.