Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently joined the Zoo planet by rescuing a 1st gen Rodeo from the crusher. I remember wanting an Amigo when they first came out. I had to do a project in my communications class in high school, so I contacted Isuzu for some marketing info on the Amigo. After I got a good look at one up close, I decided it was too small and I would need a Rodeo. 22 years later I finally have one! It is even the dark blue which I think is their best color. I have a friend who was trying to figure out how to haul this thing to the crusher without having to pay to have it towed. He said it was full of problems and wouldn't feel good about selling it to anyone. After he told me all that was wrong with it, I couldn't pass up the opportunity to take it off his hands, for free! Here is what he said was wrong: blown clutch, tranny was stuck in reverse, starter was out, 4X4 didn't work, windows don't go up and down very well if at all, needed a battery, needed tires, interior cosmetic problems. It was backed up against a fence on a hill and he couldn't figure out how to move it with it being stuck in reverse. That right there told me it was a diamond in the rough! I set the hand brake, smacked the shifter hard to pop it into nuteral, and pushed it up onto my trailer. After I got it home, I gave it some much needed love and within a few hours I had it running like a champ! $50 later it has a new slave & master cylnder for the clutch, a snap ring on the axle shaft inside the hubs and this Rodeo is in great driving condition! I didn't even have to buy a new battery, just clean things up and charged it! Two weeks later we took the Blue Rodeo on an 87 mile off road trip, over the top of the tallest local mountain (10,000+ ft.) and back down the other side. I couldn't be happier with my free purchase! I have some big plans for the Rodeo and am looking forward to the advise of the forum.

·
Registered
646 Posts
welcome to the madness we call isuzu :D

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
Welcome to the planet! Very cool that you got it all in working order, and even better that it was free.

You did a great thing saving it from the crusher, hope you have some great adventures in it!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts