1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First time SUV owner

94 rodeo v6 4x4 manual

141k miles

its got the glorious ticking from worn out valve tippets or whatever. $100 fix on ebay

suspension is worn out, but with teh new tires it drives true

Im noticing these are quite prone to elextrical problems
mine has no working courtesy lights and a mix of door and window problems

nothing access to a junkyard and manuals cant fix!

I work as a mechanic in the army, and fort hood has a great automotive garage bay rental system complete with tools and lifts for $5 an hour, so I can do anything to this!

so far I have 4 new Kendoow KFC-106S 4" speakers and a old Sony cd player. I also took the intake arm from a Passport to remove intake resonators and cut out a triangle on the side of the intake filter box. I can here the motor finally! and it gained some highway balls finally

brushguard is kinda flimsy, and the fogs the previous owner riveted on need to be re wired ( or most likely removed or replaced)

Truck does pretty good on the highway for being a piggy with only 175 crank. motor feels damn good with the new ignition system and fuel filter.

next on the list is a EGR system clean or removal, and a dream attempt at headers if the truck doesnt see anything from the planned dual 2 to single 3 exhaust going on in 3 months

Wish me luck guys. Already followed plenty of threads on here anonymously, and gatehred a lot of helpful info

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks guys. gonna be diving deep this weekend when I change out all the wheel studs. BFH time

if money allows it, also gonna do pads and rotors, along with a front bearing repack the proper way.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts