Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am expriencing rough and high idle. Engine light comes on after acceleration. Codes are bank one and two sensor two and a run lean. I have replaced the sensors in question, the intake gaskets and the fuel filter. Any ideas? I am at a loss!

Thanks
Chad S

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Even more weird. Found vacuum leak at injectors replaced the gaskets. Now have same problem and codes. Mechanic said to test fuel pressure, So I did, and with the gauge on the rail and road testing the thing runs great...take off the gauge, runs like crap again. Any ideas on that one?

·
Registered
591 Posts
I would check & clean your MAF sensor. A dirty mass airflow sensor will cause serious air/fuel ratio issues. Other than that- keep checking for vacuum leaks.
G/luck
Joel

·
Registered
123 Posts
Howdy. Common problem for the plastic gaskets at the lower intake to go bad on the 3.2. These are torqued at 18 ft lbs if I remember correctly. Overtightening these will crack them in a heartbeat.

Idle the engine and spray some brake clean or carb cleaner around the lower intake. Be careful and have a fire extinguisher handy. This should find any vacuum leak you have. Also check around the throttle body assembly.

If you just did the lower gaskets, it's real easy to knock off a vacuum hose on the right side of the throttle body assembly where all the EVAP hoses are. Also, on the lower gaskets.... Did you use silicone? This is a place silicone should not be used.

Check for bad plugs and wires. Also, take a stethoscope and listen to your individual fuel injectors. They should all create a clicking noise. Or better yet, check live data with a scan tool, or check for injector pulse at the end of each injector wire. Is it hard to start in the morning?

See my post about the EGR passageway too.

Hope this helps. Good luck.

-Wrench

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I will attempt these things. It sometimes turns over several times at any time of day...but eventually pop off. Thanks, will let you know on monday how things went!

Chad S

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.