Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i should be getting my 2002 rodeo here in the next couple weeks, it is my first isuze and i have some ideas for it. i have always wanted a vehicle that i could do some offroading in so i figured i better take this chance. but im new to offroading as well and was wondering what type of lift i should get. keep in mind i dont need something extravagant just something to get the job done without spending a whole lot of money. so basically best bang for the buck.

·
Registered
715 Posts
Unless you know how much lift you want, why not wait and see how it does without lift. Depending on the places you like, or find to go you may not need any lift. If you find that you do, then figure out how much you think you want/need. In the meantime be paying attention to what people here are doing to get ideas of what might work for you.

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
Second gen Rodeo's can get an easy 1.5 to 2 inches of lift by simply installing some Trooper rear springs and cranking the torsion bars. This is really only good for the ground clearance though as you gain nothing as far as tire clearance. To get any more than stock tire clearance, without trimming the fender and bumper, you would need at least 4 inches.

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
Welcome! I did a 2" lift on my 03 Rodeo and love it, I don't do any crazy offroad driving, just some simple trails and it's more than enough for me. I wanted a smaller lift anyways since I currenly daily drive it. What I did is got some OME rear lift coils, then just cranked the torsion bars up front to lift it. To get a 2" lift get the OME 913 coils, if you want a 3" lift get the OME 912 coils. Here is a link where I got mine from. https://www.independent4x.com/merchantm ... ucts_id=20 So you can have a 2 or 3" lift just for a couple hundred bucks with brand new springs. When selecting which springs you want, the ones that says Rodeo 1.5 (it will actually give you 2" of lift) those are the 913's, and if you select Rodeo 3 those are the 912 coils which will give the 3" lift. After you lift the rear all you have to do is crank up the front torsion bars and even it out. I did mine so it has a 1" rake so the front is slightly lower than the rear, but you can't even really tell by just looking. Here is the write up on how to crank the torsion bars up http://www.planetisuzoo.com/articles.ht ... Adjustment

Once your stock shocks wear out you can always just purchase some upgraded shocks and put them on no problem.

Good Luck!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts