Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all i just found this board and hope to find it informative. I just purchased a 1997 Rodeo. It has every option you could, leather, power everything, sunroof, but no 4WD(don't need it). I picked it up for $4200 and it's in near perfect condition except for some fading on the bumpers (crappy metal bumpers i guess). leather is perfect and it runs like a champ. it has 78k miles on it. i ran into a leaky something or other because after a drive i thought i smelled burnt oil, i popped the hood immediatly after driving and i saw some smoke on the drivers side near the headers. i think some oil dripped on the headers but i don't know, this has only happened once. and advice is welcome!!

thanks, mike

·
Registered
591 Posts
Prolly just a bad valve cover gasket. Real common on these rigs.
G/luck
Joel

·
Registered
823 Posts
Well, most of us here, frequent there as well, and is has been up and running since the 90s.... AND A LOT of people on there...

And I agree with the cam cover gasket...

Chase

·
Registered
132 Posts
I have to agree that the 4x4wire is another great group of people and the isuzu section is a great place to find out info about a Rodeo, Trooper, AMigo or Pickup. 2 or 4WD. Just make sure that you search the archives first to see if you can find the information there before posting your question.

I don't know anything about your engine personally, so I will go with what everyone else said. :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts