Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
getting my first mud tires next week. ordered them last friday for overnight and supposed to be in monday. well, they sent 2 tires. what am i supposed to do with only 2 tires? my question is, with 4 tires in a set, wouldn't they stock them in sets? and if they do, how did i end up with only 2? the other 2 are on backorder till next week.

·
Premium Member
3,580 Posts
Don't ask me how I know this (It's a longer story than you want to hear), but regional tire warehouses usually stock their tires in sets of 4 - more often than not, using the previous year's sales figures to decide how many of each variety to have in-stock between their weekly/monthly order cycles.

My guess is that sales were a bit better for them this week than in the same week last year, and that maybe the last two customers before you ordered a spare to go along with the other 4 tires that they bought… If so, the warehouse simply wasn't prepared for this because their projections indicated that they would only need 12 of them for this cycle…

(Don't you just hate word problems? :lol: )

G

·
yes! they came in today! but i can't get them on till tuesday. looks like its gonna be in the shop a while too. new tires, front end alignment, and new alternator. can't wait to get them muddies out where they belong :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.