Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok.. thanks to the help of this board- special thanks to the articles section and Rodeoholic, I have completed my first modifications of my rodeo...

for $13, a pair of shackles from advance auto parts.

cranked front tortion bars. (had to buy a 1-1/16th socket)-$6, but basically free since the socket is not a part of the car, HAHA..

265/75-16s, oversized all terraine tire-

total lift from tires and suspension- bout 3 inches.

total satisfaction. Love my rodeo even more now.

see picts at link in signature.

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yea, was plannin on redoing the shaclkes anyways- I just slapped em on there without anything else to see how it would look for now... before I go 4wheeling next weekend i'll be replacing the completally worn out bushings back there and putting in larger bolts.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
i need to do that too sometime. no wheeling for me for a while so i have time to do it. post back on what you do to it please.

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
bought the grade 8 hardware... will be getting to it later on today after i sleep....

I bought 9/16s hardware. I'll be trying to drill out the damn shackles with a half inch bit, swirling a bit, then grinding out the rest.

that damn grade 8 hardware is hard to find, jeez... home depot doesn't have it... most auto parts stores DON'T EVEN CARY NUTS AND BOLTS..?!?!?!

finally found what i needed at ACE...

can't believe it... you can go into an autozone/checker/pepboys/napa and buy about anything you could need to fix your car, ACCEPT FOR THE NUTS AND BOLTS THAT HOLD THE ^%$#ING THING TOEGTHER.

anyhow, i'll update on how the proceeder goes... hopefully I'll be able to update my pictures too, new hubs and the new hardware in back.

·
Registered
8,073 Posts
Yep, I've been ransacking the metric bolt section at my local hardware store ever since I got my "new" Trooper...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.