Isuzu SUV Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
ok, gotcha. Mine have plenty of tread on them, but I've never heard of grooving. That's great to know about! I wasn't concerned so much about the tread as them being old, dried out, cracked and unevenly worn, which I think causes some driving vibration and a wobbly driving feel. I'm guessing that's not such a great thing for the health of the suspension, and other parts, especially for a '99. It's really the long drives, and even shorter high speed highway drives that make me uneasy. Here in New Orleans we're going to hot soon and stay hot for a while, so if heat increases the risk of blow out... I also didn't consider selling them. What do you think I should list them for, $25\tire, and hope to get $20? Are there any products that might rejuvenate the rubber at all? I'm getting new tires tomorrow morning. I'll post pics.

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Chain tire stores won't even touch a tire that is older than 10 years old, except to take them off and trash the. I had a flat the other day, and asked my place to just move the spare from front to back so I could get home (I was 70 miles on the interstate from home) and they wouldn't even do that for me. So, if you have a blow out, you're looking at all new tires right then. You can put old tires on stuff, but of all the things on your vehicle, tires are worth getting good ones and keeping them in good shape.

That said, I listed an old pair of 32" Goodyear Wranglers that came on my Trooper. I sold them for $25 each and put right in the ad that they were old and bald. There was no question. A dude showed up and said he wanted them for his trailer, just like 93Trooper said.

·
Registered
4,324 Posts
Hey, they look good, too! Now you're ready for the Rough Streets!! :mrgreen:

Reactions: Mbromb

·
Registered
760 Posts
nice! :wink:

Reactions: Mbromb

·
Registered
1 Posts
On the GM Card tire purchase... O have a GM Card, but I can't find anything on the rebate except from the dealership $100 rebate. Anyone have a link that can point me to the card purchase rebate?

21 - 26 of 26 Posts