Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I just replaced the sending unit in our '99 Isuzu Amigo V6 4x4. It is still reading empty though and the low fuel light is on. I'm so frustrated. Wasted almost three hours today doing that. The old sending unit looked rough. The little prongs on one of the contacts where completely gone. I figured this would fix it for sure.

Is there something else I should look at? I double checked all of the connectors before we put the tank back up. So that shouldn't be the issue. :( :?:

·
Registered
546 Posts
Did you check all your fuses? I would get out a volt meter and check for activity at all connections in this circuit with your key turned to the "starting" position.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
TexasTrooper said:
Did you check all your fuses? I would get out a volt meter and check for activity at all connections in this circuit with your key turned to the "starting" position.
The voltage test was the next thing on the list. Is there a fuse for the sending unit, or the whole fuel pump/sending unit? It starts and runs fine so unless its seperate, I don't see it being a fuse.

·
Registered
11,467 Posts
There is some combination of models and sending units that the computer needs reprogramed before the new sending unit will work. I dont know specificly what they are. If nothing else works that might be something to check on. The one I put in my '99 rodeo worked fine after install.

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
Try a simple computer reset before taking it in to a Stealer to have the computer looked at.

Unhook the positive battery terminal and clean it while it's off. Leave it off for about 15 minutes or soa nd then reconnect it and see what happens.

Post back.

Joe

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.