Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just received new 906 coils for my 2000 4Runner but they are about 1/2 difference in height?

Having never worked on 4 Runner suspensions before is this normal?

Thanks!

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
And the answer is, yes this is normal. There is an A and B spring for drivers and non-drivers sides, if you look at the tags on the springs. Who looks at the instructions much less the tags? Me apparently....not. :roll:

·
Registered
10,560 Posts
Let me guess the taller one is for the drivers side. On my old '80 Powerwagon there is a note in the service manual about shimming the leaf springs if it doesn't sit level side to side. Both the drivers weight and the fuel tank are on one side of the vehicle. This can cause the drivers side to sag just a little over time.

·
Registered
877 Posts
You might have to do the opposite than what the tags state. I know some of the Landcruiser guys came across this problem because the tags refer to right-hand drive vehicles since OME is an aussie company but like squatch said I believe the taller one goes on the driver's side.

·
Registered
79 Posts
ZuBrew said:
You might have to do the opposite than what the tags state. I know some of the Landcruiser guys came across this problem because the tags refer to right-hand drive vehicles since OME is an aussie company but like squatch said I believe the taller one goes on the driver's side.
The Land Cruiser is the only one of the OME applications that differs, for the 4runner, the taller spring would be drivers side. Having lifted both of those vehicles with OME I discovered the difference when my Land Cruiser sagged on one side :(

I was surprised when I lifted the Trooper that the springs weren't sided.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts