Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy Yall. I'm new to the forum as a member, but I'm a long time lurker. Just bought a 94 Rodeo today, my fourth Isuzu but first Rodeo. It's a pretty basic model, not sure of the trim level. It has 5spd manual trans, 3.2 SOHC v6, 4x4, electric windows, cruise control, and that's about it. I had an 89 Trooper for ten years til my son destroyed the motor, and driving this little Rodeo sure brings back some great memories. My trooper was a Limited trim level with the GM 2.8 v6 which I swapped for the Camaro 3.4 v6. Probably the most fun vehicle I've had, up to today. I love my Rodeo, and the 3.2 Isuzu motor is sweet. I got the rig for $700.00 from someone who thought it had a major engine knock, and have already started the Rislone treatment I've read so much about. Hopefully it will do some good. I ordered a new timing set from my local machine shop, no idea the history of the vehicle and it's cheap insurance to change out the timing components. My buddy at the machine shop builds motors and had nothing but praise for the 3.2 SOHC, claims they're pretty much bulletproof if given basic maintenance. Oh yeah, it's kind of a platinum silver and has 221k on the ticker. Engine still pulls well, runs very smoothly and the tranny feels rock solid and no grinding. I'm planning on the CalMini 3" suspension lift in a few months, with some 31" meats. The 4.10 axles seem like a good compromise between acceleration and cruising. I've got a punch list of about 50 little items to fix on it, mostly broken door latches and fubared/halfassed wiring mods. I have to have a project, and this is perfect. I'm not real big on posting without anything worthwhile to contribute, so I won't be a daily poster most likely, but I'll jump in and answer questions when my experience can be of service. I'm from Southern California originally but have lived in Utah for 18 years-lots of great places to wheel whether you like hardcore or scenic trails riding. :shock:

·
Registered
4,646 Posts
well since you have a 5 speed you have 4.30's. Auto's have 4.10's. :D

welcome!

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
94Rodayo4x4 said:
well since you have a 5 speed you have 4.30's. Auto's have 4.10's. :D

welcome!
for reals? that's awesome. :lol: I was wondering why my revs are about 2900 at 65 mph. Is there a section in the forum that has more info on specs like that? and interchangability with Trooper components? thanks for the info!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts