Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
7,209 Posts
So does this one get lifted as well? Or, is this a daily driver so your Trooper can become a full trail rig? Just curious.

Who's the big cheeseball pointing at it in the second picture? :lol: :lol:

Nice VX by the way.

·
Premium Member
5,577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No lift on this one. The Trooper is being moved down from "Full time daily driver" to "once per week to work to keep things moving" status. I did buy a used skid plate for the transfer case, just because I couldn't stand to have that t-case hanging out there with nothing under it.

What's even more interesting is that now that the VX is part of the fleet, we've been able to carpool much more. It wasn't because of the VX, but it is funny now that there are 3 vehicles that we *can* commute in, we're only using 1. I'm sure that one of our schedules will change though and we'll go back to driving separately some time soon.

Now, the coolest part of the VX:

-Tad

·
Registered
7,209 Posts
Did you install the supercharger, or was it there when you bought it?

And, you didn't answer my question in my earlier post??

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Ladies and Gentlemen, the quintessential $hit-eating Grin:

:lol:

Congrats Tad, great get 8)

Cheers,

·
Premium Member
5,577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
:)

Now, just so that you don't think that it just showed up on my doorstep, I live in Virginia. That VX was living in Portland OR. I bought it, my wife and I flew out, and we drove it home... in 4 days. Not that the VX wouldn't go faster, but we needed time to recover each night.

Oh, did I mention that the VX was PACKED!

But yea, I was, and still am, happy with the purchase. It was a pain though getting the title to me before I flew out, with enough time to register it and get license plates.

-Tad

·
Registered
7,209 Posts
I guess I'd have that big cheeseball smile on my face too if I just took delivery of a supercharged VX. Nice addition to the fleet.

·
Registered
7,543 Posts
what kind of milage did you get on the drive back? just wondering with the SC and all
Ron

·
Premium Member
5,577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
http://forum.planetisuzoo.com/viewtopic.php?t=1747

"We averaged 17.6mpg, with a high of 20.6mpg and a low of 14.7mpg (most of that tank was driving around Portland). Considering that it was in TOD (for those of you who don't know, that's Isuzus full time 4wd/awd system), the AC was on, and we were going "fairly fast" the whole way, I can't complain about the gas mileage. If I'd driven my 94 Trooper with the hubs locked I'd have been closer to 12mpg, and I most certainly would have been passed on many of the hills. "

I just installed manual hubs this week, so we'll see how that affects the gas mileage.

-Tad

·
Premium Member
5,577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
That is in fact an Isuzu. The Vehicross was sold in the US from 1999-2001, and only about 4000 were sold in total.

There are more specifics at:

http://www.vehicross.info/forums/misc.p ... faq&page=5

That website/forum is where most of the Vehicross owners hang out.

-Tad

·
Premium Member
5,577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
It was a limited production vehicle. Apparently Isuzu always intended it to be that way, and when the ceramic molds for the body panels cracked, they stopped producing it.

The tires are 245x70R16 Yokohama AVS S/T on OEM 16" Isuzu rims.

-Tad

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.