Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. I've had my pickup for 14 years, and just found this forum now. What brings me here is a problem.

THe victim.... 1990 Pickup with a 2.3

The AC tensioner pulley has a bolt that moves the pulley up and down. My bolt broke, and I cannot figure out how the bolt goes, if I can even find one.

Ideally, I would just buy the bracket but no one has one. Anyone have a pic or one they want to sell.

Thank you, and happy to be here.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Welcome Elemental...I know nothing specific about your particular model. But which bolt broke ? The bolt that holds the pully on the bracket, or the bracket mounting bolt?

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Welcome, good to have another member. If you scroll down on the main forum page you will see a classifieds section. You might have a little better luck posting there. I'm sure someone on here has one they would be willing to part with.

BTW - have you tried your local salvage yards?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah...I tried. Most of these in my area are crushed. They took the "valuable" stuff and crushed the rest. :(

Its the bolt that goes up and down...maybe 3 inches long...

·
Registered
11,705 Posts
Elemental said:
Hi. I've had my pickup for 14 years, and just found this forum now. What brings me here is a problem.

THe victim.... 1990 Pickup with a 2.3

The AC tensioner pulley has a bolt that moves the pulley up and down. My bolt broke, and I cannot figure out how the bolt goes, if I can even find one.

Ideally, I would just buy the bracket but no one has one. Anyone have a pic or one they want to sell.

Thank you, and happy to be here.
Should be able to install it from the top or bottom. Sounds like it's the same as the 2.6L. Should be able to get the whole thing at about any salvage yard.. Go to http://www.myisuzuparts.com and enter 8-94160-543-0 in the part number window upper left hand corner. You'll probably get 4 different pics. It'll be pic number 2 though it doesn't show the vertical adjustment bolt. Just make sure the item is the one I believe is the one you need.

·
Registered
646 Posts
the bolt if im right that elemental is talking about is the tensioner to apply tension to the belt depending on which way you turn it makes the pully go up or down mine had broken as well, mine is the 3.2 engine but u might try looking at rodeos they might be the same for both

·
Registered
11,705 Posts
Yeah, I'm pretty sure the tensioner is the same for the 2.3/2.6.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Holy Cow. Thats exactly it. Number 57 on that website. Amazing, I was googling for days and never found that site.

A member named Jerry on here has one he's sending me. WOOT! What a welcome to a site. You guys know your Izusus! :) Im hanging out here a bunch. I had a ton of things I had to figure out on this truck where I bet you guys knew the answer right away.

Thanks again for the welcome, and fast/correct answers.

·
Registered
11,705 Posts

·
Registered
10,560 Posts
Here is the deal. You have to loosen the big 22mm nut on the pulley before you try to turn the tensioner bolt. That tensioner should be on most any 1st gen Trooper or anything else with a 2.6. Keep the next one greased and loosen the nut before adjusting then tighten it back down after you are done.

·
Registered
646 Posts
i think the 2.3/2.6 and the 3.2 have the same tensioners maybe some one can chime in on this i just replaced mine and it is also next to the ac

1 - 11 of 11 Posts