Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello everyone, just bought myself a 92 amigo 2 door 4x4... found a hardtop for it... this will be my daily driver... couple questions... want a 2 to3 inch suspension lift.... max will be 35 in tires;; help
and question two, this is my daily driver so fuel milage is important, what is best economical way to get better or low first and second gear, so it kinda takes of better
third are the g force chips advertised on
here worth the money and are there any ill affects to adding one as far as lowering life of motor
and foruth i have to get out to lock it in.. any advantage or disadvantange to auto hubs?

thanks and nice to meet everyone..

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
Welcome to the planet!

As for your questions..

1. For a lift, go here: https://www.independent4x.com/merchantm ... 1_12_22_27

2. If your upgrading to bigger tires (especially 35's) it will make your gas mileage suffer. You can get final drive gears with different ratios to help the low end power and will take off easier, just do some research on them and you should be able to figure most of it out.

3. Do not buy the "gforce chips" or any kind of performance "chip", they are a scam and won't do anything performance wise for you. Don't waste your money.

4. Keep your current hubs, a lot of people with auto hubs convert theirs to manual so their axles don't spin in 2wd, and manual hubs will hold up a lot better.

Also be sure to do proper reasearch about rim backspacing, and tire sizes that will fit your rig. It sucks when you buy something and have to mod the hell out of it to make it work, or your just not happy with it.

·
Registered
734 Posts
Yeah, keep the manual hubs. Also, saying you want to run 35s and are concerned about mpgs is not the best combination. In fact, running 35s on these rigs is not always a good choice. Do some searching on here and you will find most of your questions.

Welcome to the club!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts