Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Option #2.

Votes: 4 30.8%
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so, i have a 97 rodeo. i want to add some lights to the brush guard up front. i have narrowed it down to 3 all coming from ebay.. all priced about the same too. sadly, i dont have a pic of the front of the truck right now with nothing on it so ignore the led lights as they were taken off a few weeks after i put them on.

Option #1.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/260851332366?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

Option #2.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/390316209877?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

Option #3.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/330622537338?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

the last idea is suggest me one.. hopefully simiarly priced.

·
Registered
645 Posts
drinksoptional said:
i voted the square i had a set of square ones and i felt they looked better than the round ones
I also think the square lights will look better. I would go to like pep boys or a local shop and look they actually have a pretty wide selection of fog lights there.

Check these out and let me know what you think its my posting. There really nice lights, there a haze blue in color, I want the stock Trooper fog lights so i can run a HID filament bulb so it matches my front head lights.

http://baltimore.craigslist.org/ele/2566825547.html

PM me if interested. Price is negotiable.

-T

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
why not get an hid kit for the specific bulb in those piaa housings? if you look at the last pic of my truck there, between my front marker lights on the bottom are 2 fog lights. i took the bulb out and bought an hid kit for that bulb which i think was a h3. now, those 15 dollar projector fog lights have 3000k hid bulbs in them. it's quite a bit easier since you already have the nice piaa housings. i bet an HID kit in those housings would be brighter than u'r actual headlights!specially since those piaa lights were pretty expensive to begin with. i would hate to think that all that money was spent on nothing..

·
Registered
645 Posts
festerfm said:
why not get an hid kit for the specific bulb in those piaa housings? if you look at the last pic of my truck there, between my front marker lights on the bottom are 2 fog lights. i took the bulb out and bought an hid kit for that bulb which i think was a h3. now, those 15 dollar projector fog lights have 3000k hid bulbs in them. it's quite a bit easier since you already have the nice piaa housings. i bet an HID kit in those housings would be brighter than u'r actual headlights!specially since those piaa lights were pretty expensive to begin with. i would hate to think that all that money was spent on nothing..
Thats a good idea, i never thought of that. Im going to look into it.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ya, I mean they make hid kits for every type of bulb.. all you would have to do is put in a relay, switch, and a little bit of wiring and it works out fine..

·
Registered
928 Posts
Meh I always like round better, i think rectangular lights on a very square truck is a bit monotonous...not the word I wanted to use but whatever :)
I would choose #3

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
I bought my fog lights off of Ebay, here are the ones I got. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/6-4X4-SU ... 4aae78edf0

I've had them for a little while now and love them, comes with all wiring and switch so it's super easy to install. Plus they are super bright at night and look great. If you want i'll get a pic of my Rodeo tonight with them turned on.

Here are some pics of them on my Rodeo, I have yet to get one with them lit up though. Scroll down for more pics..
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=54490

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Looks good! Tho $120 for hid fog lights seems a little steep. I would like to see them on tho at nite. Like a drivers perspective of just headlights then headlights and fogs. I had round lights on it once and didn't like the fact that it was like two tunnels of light, specially in the fog. U want the light to scatter out a bit..

·
Registered
571 Posts
Here's another option to consider.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... ink:top:en

These are 55 watts which is pretty much standard for a fog light unless you want to spend up to $100 or more. I have a set similar to these mounted on my brush guard. These are the narrower style of lights so they won't block most of your grill, like option #2 might.

·
Registered
4,646 Posts
I have 2 round Harbor Frieight lights on my brushguard. like Star Blazers.

they are 100w a piece and work really well. Ill take a pic tomorrow

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
Here are mine lit up. I actually just installed new headlights a week or so ago and adjusted them a little bit, but need some tweaking still. Here are the best ones I could get.

Headlights only...

Foglights only...

Headlights and foglights...

Sorry for the bad pics too, my camera couldnt focus the light at all

·
Registered
7,284 Posts
clipper 03 rodeo said:
Here are mine lit up. I actually just installed new headlights a week or so ago and adjusted them a little bit, but need some tweaking still. Here are the best ones I could get.

Headlights only...

Foglights only...

Headlights and foglights...

Sorry for the bad pics too, my camera couldnt focus the light at all
You are going to blind oncoming drivers.

Not safe for them. Not safe for you.

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
I don't drive with them on when on public roads...

·
Registered
7,284 Posts
clipper 03 rodeo said:
I don't drive with them on when on public roads...
Very good. :D

It looks to me like you have the foglights aimed more downward than not. That is a good thing.

Still, just looking at it, I can tell that if those were coming at me, on the highway, I'd be temporarily blinded. Those are really bright ! :lol:

Us old codgers ARE out there on the road. And we get blinded easier than the younguns.

I wear night driver glasses, and that helps with the glare. It also helps with recovery after encountering some rather bright oncoming lights.

But I still have problems with especially bright lights. And I am not alone. Not by far !!

I am on top of things enough to know that some lights are coming up that are especially bright, and I will establish where the side of the road is, and keep my focus there until they pass.

But not everyone does that. In fact, most people really don't pay all that much attention. They just react.

And someone that is blinded by your lights, could possibly run into you head-on.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
well i decided to go with option 2.. those with the 130W bulbs should do more than enough. in the second pic of my truck, the 2 lights underneith the brush guard had a set of yellow HID bulbs in them but the wiring was all messy and there was never a stretch of more than a week where i didnt have a problem with one not working or a relay going bad or fuse blowing. so the hassle will be taken off and normal off road lights will be put on. my headlights are 6000k hid's but i am confident that with 130W bulbs, the new fog lights should be able to keep up with the headlights.. on HIGH beams only, of course. i will post pics when i get them on..

·
Registered
602 Posts
I too are currently looking at fogs. Just got the brush guard last week. The same as the first picture in this thread "aftermarket" that attachs to the frame. Got mine for 50 bux from the junkyard. Probably go with rectangle style. Wanna get a metal roof rack then stick 4 on the front, one on each side then two rear facing lights for those high beamers behind me.... :twisted:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts