Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
I tried to no avail the "click to enlarge photo" to get a better look at what is on the front of these bad boys. It looks like they're wearing metal mouth braces.

·
Registered
8,073 Posts
Yippee, another GM rebadge... :(

·
Registered
175 Posts
You would think Isuzu would learn.... :evil:

·
Premium Member
5,577 Posts
I'll be honest: when I first saw the Colorado I thought it was an Isuzu. It was only in December when I saw one for the first time in person, and it was sitting in a carwash about 5' from me. My first thought was "Whoa, that looks like an Isuzu" - something about it made me think that. I would not be surprised to find out that Isuzu had some hand in the making and/or the design of that.

-Tad

·
Registered
143 Posts
I for one wish that ISUZU would have teamed up with their former buddy HONDA to share the wealth in the new Ridgeline model

I saw my first one on the road this morning and it was a beauty!

·
Registered
143 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
I thought the same thing when I looked at that Jeep, it's a *&^%$#& Trooper with a Jeep grill. Jeep might be onto something with that.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Actually, Isuzu & GM constructed the Colorado/i350 jointly 2 years ago.
Despite the fact it's a GM vehicle ( they released it first), Isuzu DID have a hand in its design.

The exterior has "blueprinting" from the D-Max and the interior has styling
cues from the late, great Rodeo and Axiom.

I'm just happy they're still coming out with vehicles in the US

Link from http://www.isuzuperformance.com/isupage/

Late March 2005, the Detroit News confirms that the MU-7 will not be imported to the US market and the introduction of the 2006 model i-280 and i-350 model pickups, which will be rebadged Chevrolet Colorado pickup. However, the Detroit News fails to credit the fact that Isuzu designed and engineered the Colorado truck for GM, based on the D-Max design that Isuzu was selling in Asia over a year before the Colorado hit the US market.

·
Registered
254 Posts
I think this is a good thing... we can now purchase a Colorado with Isuzu's great warranty, and probably a lower price too.

Win/win situation, as I see it. :D

Just wish it was a bit more unique in the looks department.

·
Registered
808 Posts
3.0L DI Turbo 4!!!!!!!!!! Me likey the sounds of that, must make a ton of torque!!!!! I also like the Axiom based design, looks like a good canidate for the next Rodeo Sport, or better yet a Axiom Sport, now if only they'll bring that puppy over here, and offer the 3.5 DI as an optional engine!!!

·
Registered
254 Posts
Speedzilla said:
At this point, Isuzu can just go away.

2 models to offer US consumers, and they are both rebadged GMs.

Worthless.
The rebadged Colorado is worthy of the Isuzu nameplate, due to the fact that it was basically designed and engineered by Isuzu. They're actually quite capable off-road, they have an electric rear locker, and I wouldn't mind one myself.

The Ascender isn't anything to be proud of, but it's something to attract the yuppies that never go off-road and maintain some form of business here in the states.

I want to see another Amigo/Rodeo Sport, as well as another Trooper and Rodeo.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.