Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my first post, so hello everybody.
I got this 98 Rodeo 3.2 (76,000 miles) that has a Squeaky, Chirpy sound coming from under the hood (from inside it sounds like it's coming from somewhere on the engine's passenger-side, maybe more towards the front), but only around 2200-2500 RPM....just before the automatic transmission shifts. I can actually change the sound of the chirp by giving it more/less gas just as it starts chirping. It don't make this sound while sitting still and reving to the same RPM. I've been searching and reading on here for quite a few days now and some of the posts say it was a pulley on the belt tensioner that made the noise on their's. Does this sound anything like what I described?

·
Premium Member
3,580 Posts
Welcome!

Given your description, it sounds like it *could be* a belt-related problem…

If you were to post your location, there’s a pretty good chance that one-or-more of our mechanically inclined members might live near-enough to you to give it a look (or should I say ‘listen’?)

Good luck on coming-up with an accurate diagnosis.

Cheers!
Smiley

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.