Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, Names Aaron. I am from Washington state. My isuzu is a 1991 Isuzu Rodeo V6. This is my 2nd rodeo. after a few difficulties with my last rodeo ... a 92. .. I said I would never own another one. but.. here I am with my 91. I love these friggin things. right now I am in the process of fixin er up and getting her ready. as it is right now my license is well... slightly suspended for the time being.. but that will change in the next 6 months or so :). I'll post some pics of my rig. any questions just ask. Glad to finally find a place for isuzu's :)

here is some photos of my new rodeo (was just easier to post a link to my FB album of my rodeo):

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set= ... 9bfbca3469

and here is the album of my other rodeo I had:

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set= ... ab1fcb026d

·
Registered
4,646 Posts
just needs a little love :D

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
oh its gettin there.. already fixed the radio wires (2 owners before me.. 16 yr old kid... cut the radio wires up into the dash so had to extend the wires and re-run some of it).

got cig lights fixed. (same person also cut out all the wires for it.. and didnt know how to take out the cig lighter so the plate was all kidns of mangled).

someone cut the O2 sensor wire completely so had to run all new wire for that. fixed blower motor for heater (motor was on backwards so kid didnt even think to turn it around so the plugin would reach so he just hooked up a toggle switch 0_o).

some people should just never touch cars...

next steps are.. . tracing where the wires for where rear wiper go. switch is up in the dash because someone put in a fog light switch plate that covers all 3 holes so have to mod that to make the rear wiper switch fit. and all the wires in the rear have been cut SOMEWHERE. so have to find them.

and of course.. biggest project. rebuilding the entire rear end, the one in there now is bad. found one at a wrecking yard but going to completely rebuild it before i put it in.

also need to do a really good deep clean inside the engine??.. oil cap had some milky residue.. couple shops said its just really bad burn off???? i have my doubts but eh. I love my rig and Im going to make sure over next 6 months I get her back to glory.

·
Registered
4,646 Posts
sounds like you have your work cut out for you.

Start a build thread to capture all the work on your trusty Rodeo.

I have holes in my a-arms from some kid who installed tweeters before i owned my rodeo. But I had the stock radio. Made no sense on why to install that stuff without a better radio.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ya i do.. the rear end is the only part i'm worried about.. the rest is cake for me.. i like doing it. but i know what u mean about the holes.. i have ONE.. just ONE.. 6x9 cutout in the roof.. JUST int he fabric.. but no speaker???? oh and my rear defrost wire... was cut.. and only ran up to where the rear seats are so gotta get a new one of them.. if i can figure out how haha.

n ya.. i plan on documenting my rear end build and now that i found a place where people appreciate this awesome beasts... i can document the rest of my work.. as long as its worthy of documenting.. lol.

·
Registered
987 Posts
dont bother rebuilding the rear end you have just get a dana 44 from a 93 or newer rodeo(couple of build threads for it) the chevy 10 bolt isnt worth fixing IMO and it will be cheaper to get a junk yard rear end.
O and welcome...theres quite a few guys in the PNW that are isuzooholics

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
lol actually the rear end im rebuilding is a junk yard rear end haha.. paid 250 but with tax like 286 and some change for it.. same rear end as what i have now.. just wanna make sure everything is copasetic on the one i got from the junk yard before i swap it out.. :).. just happened that the yard had a 4.30 gearing rodeo rear end :).. but already paid for it. so might as well use it lol.

·
Registered
877 Posts
Welcome and nice rig.

I have family in the Grapeview area. Nice place. I think there is a member (mikeybikey or something like that) that lives around there as well, but I haven't seen him on for awhile.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ya i know where grapeview is :). im like 30 min from there or so.

n thx :). it'll be nicer once im done fixing all its issues lol..

·
Registered
7,284 Posts
Boogieman said:
would love to make it if it wasnt for my rear end :( once its fixed though, best believe id be there in a jiffy lol
Well, we could all come by and take turns kicking your rear end...

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
lol hahaha... ya most def. maybe to meet some more isuzu people while my truck is down n out sorta.... ill have a big ol' isuzu bbq lol. well bday bbq too since my bday is on the 22nd lol. food is a good way to meet people ^__^ and swap isuzu stories.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.