Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everybody, I'm Pablo from Venezuela and i have an 1988 Isuzu Tropper (renamed CARIBE 442 by GM in my country) 2.3L/4WD/LS/AUTOLOCK, i'm come here to discover new experiences with this SUV, and share anything i know from her along the time since i buy it (i'm the second owner and i take about 204.320 Kilometers in and out of the roads with her). Great Site and thanks to let me in...

Attachments

·
Registered
326 Posts
Welcome! Sounds like a reliable rig you got there, any modifications or plans?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, the last week i make some repairs such as replace of all universal joints (front and rear drive shaft) all wheel bearing's (in the rear axle the bearings for change was the stock bearings, in use for 23 years, i´m take some pictures from scratch parts removed, looks very uggly jejejejejejeeje). Plans for the princess? yes, starting from a total engine rebuild (the engine are in stock condition after 408.600 kilometers, but she still has enough power to move across very dirty roads) and some wiring replacements (this is the only troubles i have with, to much electrical problems to solve, however all electrical systems are working at day, remenber, she are a 23 years old, and the previous owner never spent in maintenance of this systems. he said me that before i buy it... :-S ) Other projects include a total repaint work, replace of rear leaf springs, climb 1", put Firestone Firehawk RMT 31X10 1/2 tires with realingment of upper control arms in front suspenssion, and a winch in front. Other pics of my ride...

Attachments

·
Registered
326 Posts
That's a good engine, I'll have to rebuild my 3.5l long before I reached that mark!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi Venezuela im from Venezuela too... But now here in NY, im here cause im going to have several brain surgeries so now that I kmow that im going to be here with my mother for a while we desired to to buy a car, I bought me a Trooper we are so but so new with 4x4, now the car is sitter in the garage , we bought a 4x4 cause everybody have told us to get 4x4 because of the snow. But now this is the question, How my Dashboard should look with the 2WD and 4WD? sorry help me ? thanks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts