Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need advice. I recently purchased a 98 Rodeo with a spun rod bearing. I replaced the engine with a 38K mile junkyard unit. I had to reuse my intake, fuel injectors, and fuel rail, since the motor I purchased had been robbed of these parts. Everything is installed, I have good oil pressure off of turning the starter, but it wont start. The timing is correct on both cams. Compression is good on all cylinders. I have fire on the plugs. It is so rich that it just hits a little, then goes dead. The plugs will be wet with gas at that point. Any suggestions on which sensor is bad, which wire I need to check that I messed up on hooking up, or any other possibilities will be appreciated. I did use the cam sensor and crank sensor off of my junkyard motor. Should I have re-used my originals?

·
Registered
454 Posts
Not to be a wise-***, but junk yards are called junk yards for a reason.

No telling what could be wrong internally with the motor.

I'll assume you got the elect/vacuum connections hooked up 100%....right?

·
Registered
191 Posts
make sure if your distrib. is set right, i redone my 2.6 and i wouldnt start, found out that the distrib. was 180 degrees backwards, so i took it out and turned it to cylinder #4 instead of #1.

·
Registered
191 Posts
make sure if your distrib. is set right, i redone my 2.6 and i wouldnt start, found out that the distrib. was 180 degrees backwards, so i took it out and turned it to cylinder #4 instead of #1. And it fired right up, but thats if you have a 2.6 though.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.